Page 223 of 235 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I was going to do a few little contract jobs today but just couldn't be arsed. So took the day off, just pottering about here as it was warm and sunny.
    Will break myself back into work tomorrow gently.

We really do over stretch ourselves physically at the bash, staying up most of the night every night, the occasional shandy but as they say " no pain no gain".

Several times during the extended weekend the subject came up again about the strange phenomenon that is the bash, it's like some wacky social experiment. Place a load of total strangers in the middle of a field who basically have nothing in common bar an interest in Springer's. They come from all walks of life, have in the main different political views etc, you then deprive them of sleep, add ridiculous amounts of alcohol, shake them all up . The outcome? A group of solid mates that you could depend on to be there if you needed them, not just casual friends, but real mates, it's weird!.
    Lovely post, Jamie.

And glad to see you've given yourself a little extra chill time.

You're so right about the Quigley Phenomenon and it's something that many of us have commented on over the years. So many people with, as you say, maybe, such diverse backgrounds and views, and yet we were all initially brought together and bonded for evermore by this characterful powerplant seed. The bond grows stronger and stronger at each event and I can honestly say that my best times and the very best people I have met in my life are courtesy of our Little Field of Joy.

All goes to show, the force is strong with The Boing!

BOING!

Oh, in case you didn't spot it in an earlier post, please say a special "thank you" to Mel for that awesome fingernail art. Really tickled me did that, although that may not have been so obvious at the time.

BOING BOING BOING BOING!!!!!!!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Mornin' Tone! My word, you saved me some head scratching with your diagnostic skills yesterday. You're a pellet savant!
    Phil. I always so much look forward to our special Plinky time on the quieter Sunday afternoon. And yesterday was no different. Superb.

As I said yesterday, I've never been one to start looking at the more complicated aspects of when accuracy seemingly nosedives. I always look at me first, being by far the weakest link in the chain. And the correct assumption so many times!

Then, after checking for any glaringly obvious faults like loose stock fastenings / scope fastenings.....the pellet!

Now, when I suggested you try some different ones, I really was hoping that that may do the trick as I have, in the past, experienced this with the JSBs, although not to the frankly quite shocking performance they put up yesterday. It was maybe a bit of a stab in the dark, fingers crossed suggestion and I'm so glad it worked.

I wonder how many decent guns have been unnecessarily tinkered with and, even worse, sold off due to being "inaccurate" before pellet selection was taken into consideration? After all, quality gun, excellent scope and high quality, World championship winning pellets, should equal at least half decent groups, in'it? Obviously not!

It'd be very enlightening to get to know if this is a really crappy batch of pellets or if it is just down to them not suiting your barrel.

I reckon this warrants a thread all of its own to try and collate experiences.

If you wanted to start one off....?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Hell ye little buddy
    Fanks mate

I was planning to stay this Sunday night but the weather was a bit naff. Hopefully in June we could spend the Monday basking in the sun ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Hopefully in June we could spend the Monday basking in the sun ?
    Sounds like a plan mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Sounds like a plan mate
    Oh no, Five nights!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sorry I missed you yesterday, Mike. I wanted to try and talk more on Saturday but didn't get the opportunity. "Never mind, we'll get to talk more on Sunday," I convinced myself, but it seems you left very early. Bugger!

We must talk for longer in June.

Going back to work on the Monday is always a come down after such a perfectly fortifying weekend amongst fantastic people, but at least I now have a job that I enjoy, so nowhere near as bad as it used to be.
    I'm sorry I missed you too mate. I should have booked in my job to start on Tuesday instead of today, then I wouldn't have had to spend Sunday unloading fun stuff from the van and loading up all my tools ready for work and could have departed in the afternoon. I'm also disappointed I missed saying see ya later to everyone else except the only other early riser on the site (Dave Trumpetier) . Really looking forwards to seeing everyone again in June

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbaronfish View Post
    Another successful and well orchestrated event.
    Well done Mick and Shirl.
    Considering how unwell Mick still is,he still pulled heaven and earth to deliver.
    As always it was nice to see so many newbies and that we could put names to their faces...

For those that have still not attended I urge you to go for it next time... you will not regret it

BBF
    Absolutely, Ray.

Always a pleasure to see you and thank you SO MUCH for the yummy cakes!

Hey, maybe we should gate crash the other Ray's pad tonight for a slice of birthday cake?

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Many Thanks again Mick n Shirl’ for being such great hosts, I/we really appreciate it.

Seems I managed two Bash milestones, 1) The most drunk I’ve ever been (Friday night)and 2) The most sober I’ve ever been (not a drop on Saturday night). I have a few witnesses who saw me bright eyed and bushy tailed at 08:00 this morning.

Thanks to those whom I bought lovely stuff from ( Moley and Blackrider)

I hope you all had a safe and trouble free journey home and I really hope I see you all again in June.

I’ll see one or two of you in the very near future
    As always, lovely to see you again my lovely, cuddly little pal!

You looked very bright eyed and chirpy yesterday morning matey!

Cheers for the baccy my friend; I'll open my special packet in about three days' time.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Can I just offer my sincere thanks to Mick & Shirl' for laying this on. It's become a real event in my calendar (and a lot of others too) a warm welcome into a relaxed environment with good company and all things air rifle. Thanks to you both .

On a slightly different note, Cpt Bongo offered me a short stroke; my mind was racing, I didn't have any KitKats at hand. Needless to say it was a little plastic thing . Thanks Steve

Hope everyone has / had a safe journey home (I was stuck for an hr on the S bound M42 today) and lets start the countdown for June.
    Great to see you again, Mark.

Thank you for that couple of squirts of oil on Saturday when we were playing with Rhys's '77.

And the firing cycle on your ally pistoned '77 was most sublime.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    There you go TonyL a Carlsberg weekend. A bash & a Crutchlow win
    Spoiled only by that twat Marquez's lunatic antics. What a complete knob sack!

Plus......I had recorded the race. When we tried to watch it last night, it was terrible. Stop, start, stutter, stop, start.....bloody hard work even trying to watch it and then the recording ended with about 12 laps or so to go due to the delayed start and the recording issues! I ended up looking it up on the 'net.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    I must admit I struggled to motivate myself to leave on Sunday.
    The drive TO The Hollow is always awesome. So full of anticipation of good times and good people.

Leaving is always a wrench and looking forward to the next Bash is the only thing that lessens the heartache slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Great day. Loved the Bell Target. Wonderful idea. Big thanks again to all. Oh and thanks to Rikard for the spin in his M2. Mach 1.5
    Great to see you again, Paul.

Richard's M2 sounds most awesome!

Please pass on my best regards to you know who.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Hi mate, I did have a plan to pop down again this morning but Sarah’s had to go out to sort some grief out at work. So I’m currently having a tea party with the little’un and a few teddy bears, might do a Finding Dory jigsaw next, she’s not decided yet...
    I’ll catch up with you at the next one my friend.
    Have fun today, Craig
    Hope you coped okay with all the fun and games, Craigy.

Must spend a bit more time together at the June one. Saturday was so mentally busy this time.

And if you're still fancying a break barrel ratty ratter, shout up.

Sleepometer rested for now. Won't be long until it's re-instated for the June Gathering.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Spoiled only by that twat Marquez's lunatic antics. What a complete knob sack!

Plus......I had recorded the race. When we tried to watch it last night, it was terrible. Stop, start, stutter, stop, start.....bloody hard work even trying to watch it and then the recording ended with about 12 laps or so to go due to the delayed start and the recording issues! I ended up looking it up on the 'net.
    Marquez. Genius but completely nuts...
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

So come on then what is the exact date of the June bash folks?

The way i am always able to make the spring bash is lots of planning ,i had to unpack the car fast on Sunday only yup load it up again Monday morning for the framily holiday today .currently plotting my sea fishing adventures.

I really do enjoy myself so with enough planning arranging family holidays etc i should be able to make it .
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.