Page 226 of 235 FirstFirst ... 126176216224225226227228 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post

Several times during the extended weekend the subject came up again about the strange phenomenon that is the bash, it's like some wacky social experiment. Place a load of total strangers in the middle of a field who basically have nothing in common bar an interest in Springer's. They come from all walks of life, have in the main different political views etc, you then deprive them of sleep, add ridiculous amounts of alcohol, shake them all up. The outcome? A group of solid mates that you could depend on to be there if you needed them, not just casual friends, but real mates, it's weird ...
    Wonderful. Couldn't have put it better myself -- that is one of the most enlightening, accurate, and prophetic posts I have read on this thread, as is an overwhelming endorsement for the quality of the Fellowship of the Hallowed Hollow.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thank you all for your Birthday wishes, I really appreciate it.
    I have spent the morning doing a few bits and pieces around the house now I'm winding down for the afternoon, I may even have a glass something alcoholic and I think there's a curry on the cards for later.
    Once again, and as said by others, you couldn't wish to meet a better group of people and I can't wait to see you all again at the next Bash.

Many happy returns, Gary. Was nice to see you and Emma again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Many happy returns, Gary. Was nice to see you and Emma again.
    Ditto x1 and it was nice to meet you and Emma at The Bash, too.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Ditto x1
    Seems we missed meeting each other at the event, Gareth. Although I think we may have exchanged a 'Hello' in passing, on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Seems we missed meeting each other at the event, Gareth. Although I think we may have exchanged a 'Hello' in passing, on Saturday.
    I know my friend -- seems our brief 'hello' will have to suffice until the next time we are both at a bash again ???

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    I know my friend -- seems our brief 'hello' will have to suffice until the next time we are both at a bash again ???
    Get a room, soppy bleeders.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Broke back corner was a bit moist on the weekend
    Several people got stuck in up to their undercarriage

Just back from glorious Sussex (nothing else could have persuaded me to drag myself away early on Saturday) and have to say what a wrench it was to leave another cracking boingeration. Every time I come away bemused by the feeling of "rightness" that embraces the gathering, its the friendship from old and new alike, the buzz and the free sharing of what must be the greatest accumulation of practical springer knowledge in the whole world that make it such a joy. Mick and Shirl, the world of spring powered airguns owes you an enormous debt of gratitude.

Sorry for the late thank you, I couldn't persuade my PCP style phone to post a response from the south.

Oh, and by the way, I'm in love again! That FWB sport 124 was just sublime - my life cannot be complete until I have one!

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    I'm also going to have a go at polishing the trigger as well just cause I can and if I don't I'll just be wondering what it might be like!! Lol
    In my experience, well worth doing. Makes the two stages buttery smooth and if the unit is set up right, the second stage will break really crisply

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    Broke back corner was a bit moist on the weekend
    Several people got stuck in up to their undercarriage
    Did you need any help getting off?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Hey Rhys, how many times did you have the 77 in bits ?
    Every time I popped up to the end of the tunnel, you and Tone had your heads stuck in the workings !
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    To be fair tone I walked into the car park with Phil, then sculked of!! Lol I was feeling very fuzzy.. and probably looking very fuzzy too!!
    As for the 77, I tried all the .22 pellets I had & 14.35 jsb express gave me a slightly less consistent 10-10.6 ftlbs so I went with those for the day, it seemed accurate, I just need to map the hold over turret & I'm rocking. I'm pleased at the results of the tinbum kit for sure. I also was chatting to bongo & Jamie and bongo very kindly gave me a couple of nose extensions so I may try those and also after chatting seals with them I think I might like to try a tighter seal to see if I can't get it to go 'plop' rather than 'clack' when it fires. I'm also going to have a go at polishing the trigger as well just cause I can and if I don't I'll just be wondering what it might be like!! Lol
    So a lot more (cheap cheap) fiddling to do before I'm totally happy I think all of which is reversable which is always good.
    Great gun though tone & I'm really liking the inexpensive fun factor. It's ace.

Only once john, the rest was trigger fettling
    As Rhys says, John, the gun was only stripped the once, just the Rekord came out a few times for a little tweakery. I actually joined the little party late. Under Nick's guidance, young Rhys had stripped the gun and was at the polishing stage when I stumbled across them.

Rhys, as you say, give those pellets a good old testing and see how you go. I seem to remember you saying that you may prefer a "soft" feel. By all means, give the short stroking a try. Like you say, all reversible if you don't think it improves things. But I'm kinda thinking longer stroke will give you that softer feeling. Get hold of May's Airgun World - some valuable words of grounded wisdom from Jim. The firing cycle was pretty nice and the twang has gone. But if you're chasing an even softer cycle, a longer, "softer" spring will reap excellent results.

Great to hear how you've really "got into" the ease of owner fettling on these superb rifles.

Have fun.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Wonderful. Couldn't have put it better myself -- that is one of the most enlightening, accurate, and prophetic posts I have read on this thread, as is an overwhelming endorsement for the quality of the Fellowship of the Hallowed Hollow.
    Where's the "like" button?

Thank you for such a resounding endorsement of such a lovely post.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Just back from glorious Sussex (nothing else could have persuaded me to drag myself away early on Saturday) and have to say what a wrench it was to leave another cracking boingeration. Every time I come away bemused by the feeling of "rightness" that embraces the gathering, its the friendship from old and new alike, the buzz and the free sharing of what must be the greatest accumulation of practical springer knowledge in the whole world that make it such a joy. Mick and Shirl, the world of spring powered airguns owes you an enormous debt of gratitude.

Sorry for the late thank you, I couldn't persuade my PCP style phone to post a response from the south.

Oh, and by the way, I'm in love again! That FWB sport 124 was just sublime - my life cannot be complete until I have one!
    Again, what a most eloquently lovely endorsement.

Thank you for coming along again, Mike; always an honour to meet you. So glad you enjoyed your time at The Hollow again and I look forward to seeing you again in June.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    Did you need any help getting off?
    Mmm.....that could be construed in a number of ways, Steve!

Great to see you again my friend.