Page 235 of 235 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235
Results 3,511 to 3,515 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    This morning me and Jack decided to make a rocket to fire from the potato canon that I had at the bash. We used a cling film tube, glued a bottle lid onto it to form the seal and then made a weighted nose cone for it. Upon its maiden voyage it launched around 80 feet high, came down on the roof of our house and broke 3 roof tiles oops
    Oops indeed; hope you get 'em replaced soon!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Hello all. With the next Boinger Bash at the Hallowed Hollow less than two months away from today, when will this thread get locked and consigned to drift away into BBS cyber space, so as to make room for a nice new shiny Boinger Bash 'June' thread, with up-dated dates and payment details, instead, please?
    Well, Mick did mention last weekend that there'd be a thread starting for the June Bash around now, Gareth.

I guess it's been a little delayed due to him feeling under the weather but, knowing our Mick, he'll be on it very soon.
    Last edited by TonyL; 15-04-2018 at 06:16 PM.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Had a lovely day/night thanks mate. Saw the sunrise before I went to bed. Going into Great Yarmouth for a mooch around today. It’s been great to be with some of the Bash lads and lasses.
    Nice one Pauly and gathered Boingerati; bet you're having a fantastic time.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Hi,

Sorry if this has been asked, but with well over 200 pages, kinda hard to look back through.
    I understand there is a Boinger Bash on 16-17 June and I see at the start of these pages a list of name and payments.

Do I need to book in now for the 17th June, myself and my daughter want to be there on the Sunday (my only free day) but turn up on Saturday evening about 6ish with a tent.

Any help would be great thanks :-)
    Hi Sunbeam,

As per above, there will be a new thread starting pretty soon (next few days).

Once the thread is live, just ping your payment over to Mick and it'll be job done.

As regards arrival timing, what you suggest will be perfectly fine. We sometimes get one or two people landing on the Tuesday or Wednesday leading up to the event. And from the Thursday onwards, people begin to arrive in much larger numbers.

Look forward to meeting you both.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post

One small issue is my daughter does not have a springer (only PCP). I was going to let her use a spare MP-61 I have, but to be honest, it's only 3.1 FP at 406fps, It's quite low powered as you can see and I'm not sure she would be overly happy with it!

She is 18, but quite small, can anybody recommend a small and light, but full power springer I can buy for he before the shoot? Fairly cheap is good, but little recoil and accurate (I'll fit a scope anyway)

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    It's always referred to as the springer bash, but all sub-12 fp air rifles are welcomed equally. If you wanted a smaller full powered springer, see if you can get your hands on a Walther Terrus / HW99 or at around 7fpe but good fun and accurate an Original model 27 or HW30. Alternatively, keep an eye on the sales table over the weekend.
    As Mark says, your daughter does not need to bring a springer if she doesn't have one. Any rifle under 12 is fine.

If you did want to buy something beforehand, the rifles suggested above would be perfectly fine.

Or she may prefer to come along, use her PCP, try out lots of other people's springers (there will be a huge selection of rifles there and their owners will be only too happy to let others have a go) so she knows what to buy for her next visit (and you WILL want to come again). And, as above again, there is always a selection of guns for sale at The Bash.