Page 36 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686136 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Erm, yep. I've just seen that......

I'm guessing someones got me some recorder lessons as a gift?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, "Blow, don't suck". That's okay, then.

Oh, erm, yeah, I see your avatar has changed now, too!
    If he'd read his Cornish dictionary, Tone - he'd know that emmets are tourists, blowins are people who've moved to Cornwall from away.

I see Rickenbacker now has competition in the form of a new user, Rickenbacker2! I'm guessing this is his version of pissing on lamposts and marking his territory.

Kinda sweet really!
    Aye, that's my cousin that is, Rickenbacker2

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    If he'd read his Cornish dictionary, Tone - he'd know that emmets are tourists, blowins are people who've moved to Cornwall from away.
    Gotcha, Phil.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Ah, a Cornish dictionary. I'm guessing it was written in England as no one down here can read, let alone write!

M'luvver!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

Ah, a Cornish dictionary. I'm guessing it was written in England as no one down here can read, let alone write!

M'luvver!
    "Oi seen a bloke in one of them new fashioned Range Rovers up the lane here the other day"

"Was he drivin' like his hair was on fire?"

"Yep"

"Ahh, that'll be the blowin moved in up the road"

"Ahhh... "

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    Good man, my amazing new perm turned out to be a garden. I think I shot all three rats that were there glad you guys were having better luck
    It was actually a rat clearance job at my mate Crazy Kevs place that caused me to join the BBS ten years ago.

At the time I didn't have many airguns, just a couple of 77s, an Airsporter S, an Airsporter MK2, a Setra, two meteors, a Webley Hawk MK2, a Crosman 1377 and a HW35 with porous breach.

Anyway I joined here to buy a new cylinder for the 35 in order to build up a full power break barrel for ratting, but before one came along I managed to buy a big box of BSA parts off a mate of mine for a tenner --- this box contained everything needed to build up a .22" Mercury.

So with my newly built rat cannon I declared war on Crazy Kev's unwanted guests, after a fortnight I had the numbers down enough that we could lay bait down --- for about the middle seven days of this fortnight I was shooting over 100 rats per night.

I had often read about rat problems like this but actually seeing it first hand put the fear of God into me, I still shiver when I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    It was actually a rat clearance job at my mate Crazy Kevs place that caused me to join the BBS ten years ago.

At the time I didn't have many airguns, just a couple of 77s, an Airsporter S, an Airsporter MK2, a Setra, two meteors, a Webley Hawk MK2, a Crosman 1377 and a HW35 with porous breach.

Anyway I joined here to buy a new cylinder for the 35 in order to build up a full power break barrel for ratting, but before one came along I managed to buy a big box of BSA parts off a mate of mine for a tenner --- this box contained everything needed to build up a .22" Mercury.

So with my newly built rat cannon I declared war on Crazy Kev's unwanted guests, after a fortnight I had the numbers down enough that we could lay bait down --- for about the middle seven days of this fortnight I was shooting over 100 rats per night.

I had often read about rat problems like this but actually seeing it first hand put the fear of God into me, I still shiver when I think about it.

And that's why I never had one of Crazy Kev's "Mystery Burgers!"

This comment has just caused me to chuckle and dry wretch simultaneously

I take it you didn't try his homemade Ratortwowee either then, Nick ?

I've heard this recounting a few times now, Mick.

And the World of airgunning, especially for those of a Boingering disposition, owe Roland and his mates BIG TIME!

Hard to imagine life without the soul-enrichening Boinger Bash and it was all down to those lovely, friendly, snaggle-toothed, furry, cuddly rodents.

P.S. Perhaps a Roland image ought to feature on any Bash logo?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Lightbulb Just For Pauly....

The Sleepometer says........69 to go, peeps.

Keep enjoying, Pauly, and shout up when you're knackered!

(Make it -1 until the Saturday, but don't be spoiling it for Pauly).

BOING!!

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Funnily enough it was rats getting into our yard that got me to buy a Brummie Xocet all those years ago
    Pete

Oh yes; another apt and truthful tag for my near neighbour Ray: This Charming Man!

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Pauly is now officially no longer an Emmit! He will by now have had his inoculations and crossed the border

I take it you didn't try his homemade Ratortwowee either then, Nick ?
    I aint eating that welsh muck!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Pauly is now officially no longer an Emmit! He will by now have had his inoculations and crossed the border
    Yep, arrived back in The Smoke around 17:00 after a trouble free run back up. Just wishing I was back down there
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22