Page 46 of 235 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696146 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Roll on next Wednesday, HW30 ahoy!!!
    Indeedy, young Mike.

Then I really need to get some "me time" sorted and get that Supersport back together as, as mentioned previously, I want to have just a few little test shots with the new tiddler and then strip it and give it a little tender fettling and polishing.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Bremby walky (wobble) number two coming up........
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Evening all!
    Well unbelievably there was not a drop of sloe gin to be had today after I said last night it was pretty much guaranteed! But there was plenty of port
    Incredible day wading through bog and across the moors, legs now feel like they are made of lead, and my face is on fire from windburn.
    Bracing is the word for today.

Roll on next Wednesday, HW30 ahoy!!!
    I hope to get my new (to me) gun next week --- I can't wait to get stuck in chopping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    I hope to get my new (to me) gun next week --- I can't wait to get stuck in chopping it up.

What have you got on its way to you Mick?

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Evening all!
    Well unbelievably there was not a drop of sloe gin to be had today after I said last night it was pretty much guaranteed! But there was plenty of port
    Incredible day wading through bog and across the moors, legs now feel like they are made of lead, and my face is on fire from windburn.
    That sounds like my kinda day As it happens I didn't do any of that today but I am sitting here with a sloe gin and lemon tonic. Perfect

A QB78D, Mike.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Whatever it is Mike, in a weeks time it will not resemble anything like the day it arrived (for the better)
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Whatever it is Mike, in a weeks time it will not resemble anything like the day it arrived (for the better)
    I've just googled it so now know what it looks like in original form. I'd certainly be interested to see what its modified into that's for sure!!

Went to the farm today, far to windy for the air rifle. So out come the shot gun and traps. Bit of a mixed bag, two moles, two squirrels, 7 wood pigeons, 1 jackdaw and the main prize, a magpie. Not shot one of them since the June bash
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Went to the farm today, far to windy for the air rifle. So out come the shot gun and traps. Bit of a mixed bag, two moles, two squirrels, 7 wood pigeons, 1 jackdaw and the main prize, a magpie. Not shot one of them since the June bash
    Blimey, good mixed bag there Dave!
    We all tried desperately today to bag a magpie, but they'd seen it all before.

I've just googled it so now know what it looks like in original form. I'd certainly be interested to see what its modified into that's for sure!!
    The idea is to convert it into a single stroke pneumatic by building my own pump and valve.

I think the only parts I'll be using off the QB are the barrel, breach and trigger unit, the new pump and valve will be based on the dimensions of a Titan Mohawk for simplicity.

A QB78D, Mike.
    Ah, so, a little "Chop Suey", eh?

What are you plans for this little project then, Uncle Mick?

And are you feeling any better?

Evening all!
    Sounds like you had a good day though, Jamie?

Blimey, good mixed bag there Dave!
    We all tried desperately today to bag a magpie, but they'd seen it all before.
    I rarely see them at the farm mate, but on the odd occasion, there normally flying by and I have my air rifle normally. Today however, I was sat in the large wood (game season finished, sweet) shotgun in hand and what do I see ? Yep a black n white flying into a strong headwind and for once I didn't miss
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25