Page 52 of 235 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Yep, the 357 takes no prisoners, I think my ears are still ringing from using it last time.

After much debate and research I finally took the plunge and visited Iden Ferns HFT club today with Rachel and Jack. They have a great target range and plinking range and also a superb HFT course through the woods and across lakes etc. We were greeted by Danny (one of the guys who runs it) who instantly welcomed us and gave us the grand tour explaining that its a fun club and nothing too serious which is perfect. Its around 28 miles away from here so not actually too bad on the grand scheme of things. Also one bonus point of this club is that its incredibly child friendly and they have a modified super small BSA Ultra that they hire out for childrens use. So next weekend i'm going to tool up with the S510 and a springer and go and have a blast

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    After much debate and research I finally took the plunge and visited Iden Ferns HFT club today with Rachel and Jack. They have a great target range and plinking range and also a superb HFT course through the woods and across lakes etc. We were greeted by Danny (one of the guys who runs it) who instantly welcomed us and gave us the grand tour explaining that its a fun club and nothing too serious which is perfect. Its around 28 miles away from here so not actually too bad on the grand scheme of things. Also one bonus point of this club is that its incredibly child friendly and they have a modified super small BSA Ultra that they hire out for childrens use. So next weekend i'm going to tool up with the S510 and a springer and go and have a blast
    Brilliant Mike, it’s great to find a club/range that is relaxed and welcoming. It sounds like it has everything a shooter would need. I guess your looking at a 45 minute drive each way but for ‘day out’ it’ll be well worth it. As for having a modified rifle for a child - that is th3 icing on the cake both for your land and other youngsters that we need to get into the sport
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I inow a couple of members there, it has always seemed like a great club. I'm over that way next month, might try and make it over on the way home.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

If you could mate that would be great. Since meeting you and your magic phone calls my airgun collection has expanded effortlessly
    Done!

And your lovely lady wife said you can have a day off tomorrow and go and get one if you like, Mike!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Brilliant Mike, it’s great to find a club/range that is relaxed and welcoming. It sounds like it has everything a shooter would need. I guess your looking at a 45 minute drive each way but for ‘day out’ it’ll be well worth it. As for having a modified rifle for a child - that is th3 icing on the cake both for your land and other youngsters that we need to get into the sport
    It certainly is around 45 mins each way but as you say well worth it. Also some nice little restaurants around Rye before the trip home

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Sounds absolutely fantastic, Mike.

Hope you have a fantastic time next weekend.

And, as Pauly says re the "little gun"......excellent and lovely forward thinking on behalf of the club.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    We just had a great morning at the club. A british ex-pat member let me have a go with a few pistols starting with a Hammerli .22 target pistol. Within a few mags I was getting them all in the black at 25m, I'm dead chuffed with that! Next I had a couple of cyclinders through a .38 special which I loved, then he put six .357's in. HOLY CRAP! Jamie told me about this, but I wasn't really prepared for the difference.

I've been given permission to use air rifles on the 50m range as I have assured them I'll be able to hit the targets. I'm gonna need more practice!
    So, which air rifle to use? I have the 50j kit for the Evanix, but that would mean filling every six shots, I could go 20j with the Steyr, but again, filling is a pain.
    Only one thing for it, High Powered Boinger Time! Favourites are either the ultra short HW97 which should be ready for building by the time I return which will go nicely at sub 20j, or the HW80. If I knocked the short stroke off it would go to around 20j, 24-26 if I put a new spring in. The tricky part is not being able to compare them beforehand. I would have to prep the parts to "Best Guess" in the Uk before bringing them out to try.
    Still, full powered HW80.......
    Sounds great, Mr Cuddly Bear.

And to be able to enjoy the '80 in all its unrestricted glory......awesome!

I inow a couple of members there, it has always seemed like a great club. I'm over that way next month, might try and make it over on the way home.
    Give us a shout if you do make it. I could head over there if you fancy a meet up and shoot. They are open all day Saturdays and Sundays with no comps on until April

It certainly is around 45 mins each way but as you say well worth it. Also some nice little restaurants around Rye before the trip home
    Some excellent ingredients for some perfect family days there, Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Done!

And your lovely lady wife said you can have a day off tomorrow and go and get one if you like, Mike!
    Cheers Tone. I'm going to let my customer know the bad news that i'm not in tomorrow and head to CH Westons

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Sounds great, Mr Cuddly Bear.

And to be able to enjoy the '80 in all its unrestricted glory......awesome!
    Yeah, I think it has to be the 80. Anything over 20j has to be declared to the prefectorie, but that's no biggy in itself. It is the best tool for the job.

Give us a shout if you do make it. I could head over there if you fancy a meet up and shoot. They are open all day Saturdays and Sundays with no comps on until April
    Will do Mike, are you on Faceache?

Cheers Tone. I'm going to let my customer know the bad news that i'm not in tomorrow and head to CH Westons
    Can you have a little look and see if they still have any of those little Uberti Colt minitures?

Sorted.

Just shout up when your next purchase beckons!

Yeah, I think it has to be the 80. Anything over 20j has to be declared to the prefectorie, but that's no biggy in itself. It is the best tool for the job.

Will do Mike, are you on Faceache?
    I've just pinged a friend request to ya!!!

CH Weston do have to Uberti miniatures in stock. They are stunning miniatures that's for sure. It was around a week ago I saw them in there.