Page 57 of 235 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Has it settled over your way then Pete ? We just had a bit of a flurry in the air but gone now and never settled.
    Didn't stay too long Paul. Not like the other year when it snowed while I was on holiday. I came back and took a snow day in lieu
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Heehee!

But no, Jamie, as we don't get paid when off sick and I'm more skint than a skint thing at the moment.

BMW would like me to start like yesterday. Last week, they asked if I might be able to go in tomorrow as these's a lady coming from BMW UK to do some training. So I'm going to go in. If they do want me to start asap, I might go for a Friday start (have Thursday off) and then tell him that I'm not going back. If he's true to form he's quite likely to mess with my wages if I were to stay until the end of the month anyway, so I may as well be with my nice, new employer, get learning everything there just in time for it to start getting really busy with Spring just around the corner.
    Definitely a good plan Tone. At the end of the day if your wages are likely to get screwed with you may as well have the last laugh.

Hey Jamie, how is your current quest for some collectables going?

Has Bongo got back there yet?
    Collecting is coming along nicely thanks tone, the Vulcan deluxe brought down by Paul and Chris is a stunner. My collection of originals is growing beyond my initial expectations , the Anny 335 kindly picked up by Jonny was not as good as described unfortunately.
    The beezer superstar is awesome, so we'll pleased.
    No offers yet of mercury s or airsporter s, or fwb sport, but they will come in time.
    Unbelievable, but I've not seen Steve for more than a week now, so I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms !
    I am consoling myself though by putting in a variation today to add a .223 to my collection. I've decided if the customers will not let me slip quietly into semi retirement then I will take the business back in part to its rural beginnings.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Collecting is coming along nicely thanks tone, the Vulcan deluxe brought down by Paul and Chris is a stunner. My collection of originals is growing beyond my initial expectations , the Anny 335 kindly picked up by Jonny was not as good as described unfortunately.
    No offers yet of mercury s or airsporter s, or fwb sport, but they will come in time.
    Unbelievable, but I've not seen Steve for more than a week now, so I'm suffering withdrawal symptoms !
    I am consoling myself though by putting in a variation today to add a .223 to my collection. I've decided if the customers will not let me slip quietly into semi retirement then I will take the business back in part to its rural beginnings.
    Well if you see any collectibles for sale in the Launceston or Bude area Jamie, I’ll happily pick them up for you and run them over to you to save you any travelling mate
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Heehee!

But no, Jamie, as we don't get paid when off sick and I'm more skint than a skint thing at the moment.

BMW would like me to start like yesterday. Last week, they asked if I might be able to go in tomorrow as these's a lady coming from BMW UK to do some training. So I'm going to go in. If they do want me to start asap, I might go for a Friday start (have Thursday off) and then tell him that I'm not going back. If he's true to form he's quite likely to mess with my wages if I were to stay until the end of the month anyway, so I may as well be with my nice, new employer, get learning everything there just in time for it to start getting really busy with Spring just around the corner.
    All the best Tony in your new job, very glad for you. You've been under the cosh for too long mate, may your future be much brighter.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Definitely a good plan Tone. At the end of the day if your wages are likely to get screwed with you may as well have the last laugh.
    Absolutely, Mike.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Well if you see any collectibles for sale in the Launceston or Bude area Jamie, I’ll happily pick them up for you and run them over to you to save you any travelling mate
    That's a jolly, generous offer, matey!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Great to hear that the collection is expanding nicely, Jamie.

Shame about the 335, although, I guess, still lovely to have?

The others will come, matey; just be patient and the right ones will come along.

Great idea re the "back to roots" acquisition excuse.

But, fear not, I hear Uncle Steve left home in the early hours and will be with you very shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by Roundshot View Post
    All the best Tony in your new job, very glad for you. You've been under the cosh for too long mate, may your future be much brighter.
    Cheers, Ted.

Hope you're keeping well.

Cool Sleep Counter Thingy

Says 59 to go!

Blimey, starting to feel SO much closer now, peeps.

Can't wait to see you all again.

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Nice that February is the short month. Feels better when you think "the bash is next month"
    Pete

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I just told Grant how many days there are to go and he's asked for a countdown in hours!

Bless him, he is so excited. He's got his own gun now, with his own scope, in his own case and he missed the last couple due to babies, weddings and other irrelevant tat.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Nice that February is the short month. Feels better when you think "the bash is next month"
    It simply cannot arrive quickly enough, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I just told Grant how many days there are to go and he's asked for a countdown in hours!

Bless him, he is so excited. He's got his own gun now, with his own scope, in his own case and he missed the last couple due to babies, weddings and other irrelevant tat.
    It's only natural that the young man is excited, Nick, and it'll be great to see him again.

Re ongoing Internet issues, fingers crossed that we're okay for this evening and tomorrow morning for the Sleepometer update.

They have now sent us an extender and hotspot thingies, but the data light won't light up on the extender. We're guessing it'll be the router as we've had issues for some time. No-one available to talk to right now so, as said, fingers crossed.