Page 58 of 235 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    It's only natural that the young man is excited, Nick, and it'll be great to see him again.
    It's worse than xmas Tone, I'll have to start drugging his gripe water!
    My ignore list: ​<Hidden information>

I went to my new work place today to have a training session with the BMW IT lady.

Blimey, it all looks really good, but it's going to take a little time to get used to it. You can do everything on the system, from it being your diary to keep you organised, do the quote, do an electronic order, do the finance, ping on it to send details to the nice admin lady to get the bike booked into the workshop, attach the bike to the customer electronically, order in the new bike, pay out finance etc etc.

Plus it'll obviously take some time to get to know the bike range and all the options properly. I've had 17 years with Ducati, so a bit of a steep learning curve in the short term. Might entail some evening studying, too. Hopefully not too much, as I don't want it to encroach on my nice therapeutic BBS time.

Met quite a few more team members and everyone seems really nice. Really good experienced mechanics and service reception chappy. And we have a lovely kitchen to use, a comfy lounge away from the showroom where you can eat and chill, free coffee on tap all day long....methinks I'm going to enjoy it!

I've agreed to start on Friday. A few things to get sorted tomorrow, including ringing Mr Numpty to tell him that I won't be staying until the end of the month!

Oh yes, and they're fine with you having a smoke, too, as long as you're not handing a bike over etc.....unlike Gestapo-ville where you were seriously scowled at!
    Last edited by TonyL; 07-02-2018 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Smoking tabs!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    It's worse than xmas Tone, I'll have to start drugging his gripe water!
    Gentle when you burp him, Nick!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

I went to my new work place today to have a training session with the BMW IT lady.

Blimey, it all looks really good, but it's going to take a little time to get used to it. You can do everything on the system, from it being your diary to keep you organised, do the quote, do an electronic order, do the finance, ping on it to send details to the nice admin lady to get the bike booked into the workshop, attach the bike to the customer electronically, order in the new bike, pay out finance etc etc.

Plus it'll obviously take some time to get to know the bike range and all the options properly. I've had 17 years with Ducati, so a bit of a steep learning curve in the short term. Might entail some evening studying, too. Hopefully not too much, as I don't want it to encroach on my nice therapeutic BBS time.

Met quite a few more team members and everyone seems really nice. Really good experienced mechanics and service reception chappy. And we have a lovely kitchen to use, a comfy lounge away from the showroom where you can eat and chill, free coffee on tap all day long....methinks I'm going to enjoy it!

I've agreed to start on Friday. A few things to get sorted tomorrow, including ringing Mr Numpty to tell him that I won't be staying until the end of the month!
    Nice one mate,

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of the situation but from what you've said it sounds like a really cracking move. New things can definitely be daunting with the learning curve and all that but you'll pick it up in no time. Also if possible, if you could sneak out a GS1200 and bring it to the bash for me i'm sure we can do a deal

Fab! Great! Wonderful! I am so happy every thing is finally going right for you Tony!
    It's the best feeling in the world to have a job you enjoy.

Mike, I need an update on the mini pistols in Westons.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Nice one mate,

I obviously don't know the ins and outs of the situation but from what you've said it sounds like a really cracking move. New things can definitely be daunting with the learning curve and all that but you'll pick it up in no time. Also if possible, if you could sneak out a GS1200 and bring it to the bash for me i'm sure we can do a deal
    Being happy in your work and being surrounded by a good team makes a big difference, Mike, and I'm sure this will be the case. The money side of things, we'll see, but I'm sure will work out.

And the product is really nice and good quality. They also have some really cool models - I'm particularly liking the R Nine-T range, especially the Racer and the Urban G/S.

What colour GS would you like me to bring along? I think the Rallye looks very cool.

Oh yes, whilst I was there, they also ordered my uniform. Totally free - unlike the old place!

Oh yes, whilst I was there, they also ordered my uniform. Totally free - unlike the old place!
    You were charged for your uniform? Wow! That is extreme! I would have turned up in competitors aparel until they gave you some free!

Fab! Great! Wonderful! I am so happy every thing is finally going right for you Tony!
    Cheers, Nick.

The ultimate, of course, would be to be able to work with boingers. I seem to think some nice person amongst the Boingerati does just this, but his name escapes me!

At the old place, when you were with a nice customer buying a Ducati, it was really nice and you often thought that it simply couldn't get any better. And it's wonderful to see their lovely happy faces when they're collecting their pride and joy. But then other departments, the boss, his daughters and general politics and bitchiness spoiled it and the customer experience. The new place is all about looking after customers properly and spending proper quality time with them during and, most importantly, after the sale. And it'll be great to work for people who want to do it right.

Mike, I need an update on the mini pistols in Westons.
    Will see what I can do mate

You were charged for your uniform? Wow! That is extreme! I would have turned up in competitors aparel until they gave you some free!
    Oh yes, I kid you not, sir.

And there's lots more I could tell you, too!

Oh yes, I kid you not, sir.

And there's lots more I could tell you, too!
    Some people are just twats, pure and simple!

Mike, not you, I just really want to know what they've got in stock!

Loving the red hat, Nick.

Have you had your snout in some yummy ice cream?

Shocking! I'm just glad you're now being appreciated

Some people are just twats, pure and simple!

Mike, not you, I just really want to know what they've got in stock!
    If I remember rightly when I went in there a couple of weeks ago they definitely had a 45 cattleman mini in stock. I'm not sure about what else to be honest but will most likely be shooting over to Brighton at some point in the next week or so and a visit to Brighton always includes a visit to Westons so will have a gander.

Oh yes, forgot to mention earlier.....whilst I was there I met a customer who Mr Numpty managed to piss off in the past, a riding instructor and one of the finance reps. It's quite a small, compact trade where most people know one another. All three said he's a proper knob! At least he's consistent.....three our of three's good going!