Page 60 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110160 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Will you two please leave it out? I'm currently having my fifth or sixth mid life crisis, I've already said to Mel I'm considering another bike, and now you two start showing tourers!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    Cheers mate,

Does your new company accept buttons as payment??
    Tony has been known to accept Venom 97s as full payment
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Will you two please leave it out? I'm currently having my fifth or sixth mid life crisis, I've already said to Mel I'm considering another bike, and now you two start showing tourers!
    Go on mate. You know it makes sense. In July a few of us are heading to Berchtesgaden to visit The Eagles nest (Hitlers tea room) which is amazing, then heading to Vipetino in the Italian Alps for a 3 night bike party, then heading to Monaco followed by a trip over the great Millau Viaduct en-route home. If you get yourself a bike you'd be more than welcome to join us . We are doing the trip over 14 days and is around 2700 miles

Cheers mate,

Does your new company accept buttons as payment??
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Tony has been known to accept Venom 97s as full payment
    Not sure about buttons, Mike, but I'll ask for you.

Pete's right and I'll clear it with the boss so we can accept good quality boingers in part exchange!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Go on mate. You know it makes sense. In July a few of us are heading to Berchtesgaden to visit The Eagles nest (Hitlers tea room) which is amazing, then heading to Vipetino in the Italian Alps for a 3 night bike party, then heading to Monaco followed by a trip over the great Millau Viaduct en-route home. If you get yourself a bike you'd be more than welcome to join us . We are doing the trip over 14 days and is around 2700 miles
    Sounds like a splendid trip, Mike.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

57 little sleepies to go, peeps.

"Little sleeps" seemingly the operative phrase here at the moment. That's two nights with hardly any kip, maybe due to anxiety over learning all the new systems, the bike range, workplace etiquette, money, bills etc., as I'm going from a brand that I've known inside out for a great many years and eight years at the last place.

Sure I'll be okay once I'm actually there and doing it for real.......couple of hours until I'll be there.

A slightly nervy Tone.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    If you weren't nervous I'd be worried. We fear change!

By the bash you will be on top of it and wonder why you stayed at the old place so long.

BTW, have a word about the seat height of the GS, that's pure discrimination against those of us who suffer from Ducks Disease!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Hi Tone
    Good luck with your new job mate,you will smash it .
    Regards
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If you weren't nervous I'd be worried. We fear change!

By the bash you will be on top of it and wonder why you stayed at the old place so long.

BTW, have a word about the seat height of the GS, that's pure discrimination against those of us who suffer from Ducks Disease!
    Buy a T140 E Bonneville, a proper bike built with the non 6'2" rider in mind
    Pete

Too far down the page
    Pete

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Warmest Congratulations on securing your new appointment Tony, so pleased for you !
    If its as good as you describe, I'm certain you've made the right move.

Not been on the Forum much as I've been up north chasing "lady reds" so I've only just discovered your good fortune after finding several pages covering the news on this thread !

All the very best for the future in your new venture !

John.
    “An airgun or two”………

Not been on the Forum much as I've been up north chasing "lady reds"

I am sooo jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Buy a T140 E Bonneville, a proper bike built with the non 6'2" rider in mind
    Never had a Bonnie, but I did foster a nice T160 for about six months, after the owner's garage had blown down

Nice one on the new job, Tone!

Up until about ten years ago Mike we were still doing stuff like that, but after several friends and then my mum getting proper mashed up in accidents we just decided to sell our bikes. It was a big decision at the time, but we've adapted.
    However the last few years health stuff have made me think "why not, worst it can do is kill me", and I don't think I would be such a loony on a bike now that I've matured and become sensible!

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    and become sensible!
    ye OK
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25