Page 61 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Can you get a prescription visor?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Up until about ten years ago Mike we were still doing stuff like that, but after several friends and then my mum getting proper mashed up in accidents we just decided to sell our bikes. It was a big decision at the time, but we've adapted.
    However the last few years health stuff have made me think "why not, worst it can do is kill me", and I don't think I would be such a loony on a bike now that I've matured and become sensible!
    I was a complete loon in my younger days too. I had a GSXR600 Srad for 17 years and used to wheelie it every where and knee down with titanium knee sliders at every opportunity. When I look back at some of the close ones I've had it makes me truly grateful to have got away with it. I am pretty sensible now hence the Africa Twin although its possible to have a bit of a play now and again on that too. I think as you get older you begin to realise how precious life is and feeling that has made me appreciate the touring side of biking much more. I'm all about cruising with fantastic friends and finding the most awesome views along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If you weren't nervous I'd be worried. We fear change!

By the bash you will be on top of it and wonder why you stayed at the old place so long.

BTW, have a word about the seat height of the GS, that's pure discrimination against those of us who suffer from Ducks Disease!
    Its funny you should say that mate. If it wasn't for myself being short in the leg I would have had the BMW. Even the Africas a bit tall for me but the BMW GS is definitely 6ft territory.

Tone.......How did it go today ????

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    If you weren't nervous I'd be worried. We fear change!

By the bash you will be on top of it and wonder why you stayed at the old place so long.

BTW, have a word about the seat height of the GS, that's pure discrimination against those of us who suffer from Ducks Disease!
    Cheers Nick.

Both of the other sales guys have said that you'll probably wonder how you'll get on top of it all initially, as there's loads to take in, but after a couple of months everything sort of clicks into place and you're away.

And the computer system - everyone's in the same boat as it's a new system that BMW are rolling out.

Everyone is really, really nice and helpful. They all have time to spend and seem very chilled. And this relaxed atmosphere seems to rub off on the customers too.

Negatives - and nothing to do with the job.......I didn't mention this before but a couple of days ago the old sciatica decided to kick in, just the one leg this time. Neck and shoulders too, from the accident a few years ago. Maybe the lack of sleep over the last couple of days didn't exactly help! Then, when we were getting the bikes in at closing time, I decided to bash the other leg against a crash bar on a 800GS; leg went dead for about ten minutes and still kills now! So that's now both legs, lower back, neck, shoulders and arms all goosed! Ready for the knacker's yard?

Oh, and the drive home was horrible, too! It's a route that I know okay, but since that smash I hate driving in the dark anyway. Traffic seemed unusually busy and three sets of temporary roadworks lobbed in for good measure. I wasn't in the best of moods when I got home.

Tomorrow will be better!

And they do do the GS in a factory low version, matey.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Tone
    Good luck with your new job mate,you will smash it .
    Regards
    Les
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Warmest Congratulations on securing your new appointment Tony, so pleased for you !
    If its as good as you describe, I'm certain you've made the right move.

Not been on the Forum much as I've been up north chasing "lady reds" so I've only just discovered your good fortune after finding several pages covering the news on this thread !

All the very best for the future in your new venture !

John.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

Nice one on the new job, Tone!
    Thank you muchly, nice peeps. This (and all the previous messages) all means so much coming from my lovely Boingerpeeps.

Hope the lady stalking went well, John!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I was a complete loon in my younger days too. I had a GSXR600 Srad for 17 years and used to wheelie it every where and knee down with titanium knee sliders at every opportunity. When I look back at some of the close ones I've had it makes me truly grateful to have got away with it. I am pretty sensible now hence the Africa Twin although its possible to have a bit of a play now and again on that too. I think as you get older you begin to realise how precious life is and feeling that has made me appreciate the touring side of biking much more. I'm all about cruising with fantastic friends and finding the most awesome views along the way.
    Absolutely agree, Mike.

I had field bikes from about 13. Funky moped at 16. X7 Barry Sheene FLF Replica at 17. GS550E and then an LC or two until the modern era.....YZF750R, R1, three GSXRs intermingled in multiple bike garages at times (when I had the cash) and taken home nice, fast exotica like Ducati 999s, 1098S and Panigales. And ridden them how they were designed to be ridden. God only knows how I'm still here. I had a "big 'un" on the YZF, when a Golf took me out at a junction, but the closest to death experience was in the car, driving sensibly, minding my own business, and being took out by a twatty car transporter on the motorway.

Sod it.....may as well nail it!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Cheers Nick.

Both of the other sales guys have said that you'll probably wonder how you'll get on top of it all initially, as there's loads to take in, but after a couple of months everything sort of clicks into place and you're away.

And the computer system - everyone's in the same boat as it's a new system that BMW are rolling out.

Everyone is really, really nice and helpful. They all have time to spend and seem very chilled. And this relaxed atmosphere seems to rub off on the customers too.

Negatives - and nothing to do with the job.......I didn't mention this before but a couple of days ago the old sciatica decided to kick in, just the one leg this time. Neck and shoulders too, from the accident a few years ago. Maybe the lack of sleep over the last couple of days didn't exactly help! Then, when we were getting the bikes in at closing time, I decided to bash the other leg against a crash bar on a 800GS; leg went dead for about ten minutes and still kills now! So that's now both legs, lower back, neck, shoulders and arms all goosed! Ready for the knacker's yard?

Oh, and the drive home was horrible, too! It's a route that I know okay, but since that smash I hate driving in the dark anyway. Traffic seemed unusually busy and three sets of temporary roadworks lobbed in for good measure. I wasn't in the best of moods when I got home.

Tomorrow will be better!

And they do do the GS in a factory low version, matey.
    A day with some ups and downs but sounds positively good to me. Its a bugger with the old sciatica, I can certainly sympathise with you there, and also the lack of sleep through a bit of stress. I seem to get this before starting a new job for a new customer. I think its called over thinking things It will all come together in good time!!!!!!

I think you're quite correct, Mike. When I've not been sleeping I was panicking about this fancy computer system (it's really complicated to an old dinosaur, and links up many things, but will ultimately be excellent once mastered) and getting the product knowledge nailed. I have always taken pride in having very in-depth product knowledge which has been amassed over many years - but, obviously, not with Beemers. It's not just the bike specs themselves, but all the different options and option packages that can be specified. All a little mind-boggling when going in from scratch. With most other bikes, a standard bike lands at the shop and then the dealer fits any accessories. Oh yes, by the way, in Ducati land, with that new V4, fitting the £4000+ full race exhaust system takes 9 HOURS, so you're looking at about five big ones!

Mick?

Anyways, sod my selfish little ramblings........

Mick, how are you doing with the wobbles, mate? Any better?

Cool Eight weeks to go.......BOING!

Indeedy my fine Brothers in Boing.

Just 56 sleeps to go now until it's big man hugs all round in Mick's Magic Field of Joy.

Getting so much nearlier, nearly there and Spring is so much closer now......the dick birds are making a right old racket outside right now.

I guess the lovely 18 Wheeled Nick is still enjoying lady company in warmer climes?

BOING!

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Up she goes! Can't have our favourite thread on page 2
    Pete

Got some more tattoo work done today on my side/ribs, fxxx, never again
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Got some more tattoo work done today on my side/ribs, fxxx, never again
    Ribs?! No offense, but surely you're old enough to know better now?
    God rest ye jelly mental men