Page 66 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116166 ... LastLast

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    I had a good blast with the 77 and the Theo Evo yesterday afternoon. Also an indoor session with the 75. Great fun
    Excellent; you lucky, lucky chap.

My day off at my new place will be Tuesday, although we might get a rota going so you occasionally have a Monday instead, giving two days off back to back which will be nice.

I will endeavour to get a little plinking time in tomorrow, although two of the grandsprogs will be here, which might make it awkward.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

ooooo eeerrrr misus!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent; you lucky, lucky chap.

My day off at my new place will be Tuesday, although we might get a rota going so you occasionally have a Monday instead, giving two days off back to back which will be nice.

I will endeavour to get a little plinking time in tomorrow, although two of the grandsprogs will be here, which might make it awkward.
    Rachel and Jack have popped up to Oxford for a couple of days to visit her mum so I'm making the most of it. I had some more 77 action after work today before it got dark. We had some small funsize apples that were passed their best so it seemed shooting them was the honourable thing to do.

They'll have fun with that, become hooked on airguns and be skint forever more lol
    Skint - possibly.

Contented - most definitely!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How

ooooo eeerrrr misus!!!
    Yep ! That’s the ones (after a glass or two of their elixir )
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

I've just been into my local gun shop to pick up some lead and they have a rather nice Air Arms Mistral for sale up for £270 with scope. I'm tempted as its 1986 and looks to have had little use. What are your thoughts chaps. Cheers
    Beautiful rifles, Mike.

Very elegant and now getting collectable. If it all looks good and you can afford it, do it. My personal favourite is the Khamsin, but the Mistral is certainly lovely. The only slight downside would be parts availability. But now that you are a part of the forum and an important member of the Boinger fold, even that would be a lesser problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    I really do like Sidelevers but unfortunately, as a southpaw, I simply cannot get accustomed to their right-handed side lever. As a trial, I bought an Airking last year and sold it recently due to the awkwardness (to me) of cocking and handling.

I do own both a FWB300S and a 300SU with left hand stocks but still with the right-handed sidelever, however due to the fact I don't shoot them much and the "weak 6 lb pull", I can tolerate them primarily because they are such beautiful, well engineered air rifles !
    I appreciate those comments and observations, John.

Re the big Diana, even for a right hander, it's a big lump of awkwardness. Maybe in a rested situation, the design allows for a very forgiving nature, but I feel it's true selling point is novelty factor and I don't think I'd be that tempted to ever get one even if I had spare dosh and space.

The Air Arms is an altogether more graceful design, far lighter and better handling and much, much safer to load. Now, given the dosh and the opportunity, I'd jump at the chance of one of those.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ll have you know I shot my very first rabbit in the prone position. Also, the clover acts like a kind of ghillie suit for me
    Hahaha!

That made me chuckle, PaulyBoy!

How do you cope with molehills?

Beautiful rifles, Mike.

Very elegant and now getting collectable. If it all looks good and you can afford it, do it. My personal favourite is the Khamsin, but the Mistral is certainly lovely. The only slight downside would be parts availability. But now that you are a part of the forum and an important member of the Boinger fold, even that would be a lesser problem.
    Its certainly tempting. Difficult though as I still have the HW80 and other stuff on my hitlist. I hadn't planned on buying anything for a while now but the Mistral is nice. I cant say I've actually seen one before but having done a bit of research I think the price is slightly high at £270 with Nikko scope. Its in great condition but not 100 percent and also doesn't come with the original open sights. The guy at the shop has it up for sale for someone else so obviously has his commission on top. If it were a private sale for arount the £220 mark I would definitely snap it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Hmmm, we are going to have to watch this guy ^^^^ not only does he talk sense, he also goes on eight hour binges and can still post in joined up talking the next day !
    I think April we need to introduce him to the cleary boys
    The man is an icon, Jamie, and we are blessed to have him amongst us.

He'd probably remain only slightly tipply after such a session, watching all fall around him and be up bright and early, all bushy tailed and bright eyed in the early morn' eager to get some boingering in whilst many snooze away until early afternoon.

There's only one good activity that involves the prone position
    Would you like me to make another call, Mike?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Nah, kitchen sink is better, two jobs done in one !
    Now, that all depends on who has to do the washing up, John!

Would you like me to make another call, Mike?
    That could be handy Tone. I thought you already had to be honest. When I phoned her and told her about it she said go and buy it. You're magic you are

Rachel and Jack have popped up to Oxford for a couple of days to visit her mum so I'm making the most of it. I had some more 77 action after work today before it got dark. We had some small funsize apples that were passed their best so it seemed shooting them was the honourable thing to do.
    Excellent!

I'm sure you must have some of those nice little cherry tomatoes in the fridge looking worse for wear too?

The man is an icon, Jamie, and we are blessed to have him amongst us.

He'd probably remain only slightly tipply after such a session, watching all fall around him and be up bright and early, all bushy tailed and bright eyed in the early morn' eager to get some boingering in whilst many snooze away until early afternoon.
    You lot are building a helluva hardened drinking image of me here. I'm gonna feel like a complete tit when I have four pints and fall flat on my face in April!!