Page 67 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Blackrider is online now It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I appreciate those comments and observations, John.

Re the big Diana, even for a right hander, it's a big lump of awkwardness. Maybe in a rested situation, the design allows for a very forgiving nature, but I feel it's true selling point is novelty factor and I don't think I'd be that tempted to ever get one even if I had spare dosh and space.

The Air Arms is an altogether more graceful design, far lighter and better handling and much, much safer to load. Now, given the dosh and the opportunity, I'd jump at the chance of one of those.
    The 54 Airking is a heavy rifle especially for hunting. When I scoped it up with a Simmons 6-18x40AO Pro Air on one piece mount, the total weight was in excess of 11 lbs and that would be quite a lump on a hilly, rough terrain of a shoot to lug around. Static or hide shooting, well that would be a different matter !

Having said all that, I really liked the rifle, I really did and in many ways, I'm sad to have sold it.
    If anyone out there would fancy a quality Germanic sidelever, then this is the one to try !
    “An airgun or two”………

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That could be handy Tone. I thought you already had to be honest. When I phoned her and told her about it she said go and buy it. You're magic you are
    Indeedy, I had rung about the Mistral.

Shall I suggest some more positions as well?

Y'know.....sitting, kneeling, standing, FT style overarm etc etc.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Indeedy, I had rung about the Mistral.

Shall I suggest some more positions as well?

Y'know.....sitting, kneeling, standing, FT style overarm etc etc.
    A plan with no drawbacks. I'm bored with prone now

Its certainly tempting. Difficult though as I still have the HW80 and other stuff on my hitlist. I hadn't planned on buying anything for a while now but the Mistral is nice. I cant say I've actually seen one before but having done a bit of research I think the price is slightly high at £270 with Nikko scope. Its in great condition but not 100 percent and also doesn't come with the original open sights. The guy at the shop has it up for sale for someone else so obviously has his commission on top. If it were a private sale for arount the £220 mark I would definitely snap it up.
    Maybe worth asking if the seller would be flexible on the price, Mike?

I know what you're saying re the 80 etc., but as they're plentiful they could easily be acquired later. And, if you got the Mistral and ever wanted to sell it (doubtful, methinks), it would be highly unlikely that you would lose money on it.

As long as it's okay.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Hahaha!

That made me chuckle, PaulyBoy!

How do you cope with molehills?
    I never go rabbiting without a grappling hook and clamp-ons Tone
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

The man is an icon, Jamie, and we are blessed to have him amongst us.

He'd probably remain only slightly tipply after such a session, watching all fall around him and be up bright and early, all bushy tailed and bright eyed in the early morn' eager to get some boingering in whilst many snooze away until early afternoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    You will definitely learn all about what The prone position is when you meet those fine lads
    Mmmm.......thinking about this more, I think you could well have a point, Pauly!

I never go shagging without a grappling hook and clamp-ons Tone
    Lol!

Fixed it for you, Pauly.

I never indulge in the funky monkey without a grappling hook and clamp-ons Tone
    I'm starting to worry about you lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    The 54 Airking is a heavy rifle especially for hunting. When I scoped it up with a Simmons 6-18x40AO Pro Air on one piece mount, the total weight was in excess of 11 lbs and that would be quite a lump on a hilly, rough terrain of a shoot to lug around. Static or hide shooting, well that would be a different matter !

Having said all that, I really liked the rifle, I really did and in many ways, I'm sad to have sold it.
    If anyone out there would fancy a quality Germanic sidelever, then this is the one to try !
    I reckon it'd be pretty useless for bashing brambles too!

Maybe worth asking if the seller would be flexible on the price, Mike?

I know what you're saying re the 80 etc., but as they're plentiful they could easily be acquired later. And, if you got the Mistral and ever wanted to sell it (doubtful, methinks), it would be highly unlikely that you would lose money on it.

As long as it's okay.
    I reckon i'm going to pop in there tomorrow and talk money with the guy. Next i'm going to the docs with regards to airgun addiction. I've run out of things to sell now other than my body and that's worth nowt!!!!

Bremby amble #2 coming up.

See you shortly.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post

I've just done a bit of reading up on the 54 and its beautiful. This is what I love about this place. I hadn't heard of the 54 up until now

I reckon it'd be pretty useless for bashing brambles too!
    You would be hardly able to wield it Tone !
    “An airgun or two”………

I've just done a bit of reading up on the 54 and its beautiful. This is what I love about this place. I hadn't heard of the 54 up until now
    The 54 Airking Semi Recoil less is a superb air rifle, heavy but still superb and if you have the stature and are not a southpaw, a terrific air rifle and well worth a try !

Should add, it really is very similar to shooting a PCP after the cocking procedure, a terrific piece of engineering !
    Last edited by Blackrider; 12-02-2018 at 08:55 PM.
    “An airgun or two”………

The man is an icon, Jamie, and we are blessed to have him amongst us.

He'd probably remain only slightly tipply after such a session, watching all fall around him and be up bright and early, all bushy tailed and bright eyed in the early morn' eager to get some boingering in whilst many snooze away until early afternoon.
    Ah, that sounds remarkably like Paul Noooooooot!