Page 69 of 235 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    No need, I tend to trip over every tent peg in the field......

He hasn't met Grace yet. He'll probably be buying donuts from Morrisons by Saturday morning...
    yeah them trip wires can be deadly mate !

Grace could charm the birds out of the trees Ive run more donuts for Grace than I have guns for Trumpetier and that takes some beating
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Uncle Mick has one, Mike.

He'll more than happily let you give it a try to see what you think.

And, talking of Mick, how are you doing good sir?
    That sounds good. Thanks to you guys greatly helping to increase my knowledge having been extremely green as far as airgunning goes at the last bash I should arrive in April a bit more savvy to everything

Quote Originally Posted by MikeHW45 View Post
    That sounds good. Thanks to you guys greatly helping to increase my knowledge having been extremely green as far as airgunning goes at the last bash I should arrive in April a bit more savvy to everything
    I’ve learned so much about airguns since attending the Bash Mike but I reckon I’ve learned just as much about friendship too, it’s very profound and unexplainable but it just works
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ll have you know I shot my very first rabbit in the prone position. Also, the clover acts like a kind of ghillie suit for me
    We still used sticks, well one stick. It was a reet bigun though

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    I like it!
    I think soon you will have a whole battalion to command on your August visits.
    The more the merrier mate as long as admiral Gwynn is on hand to supervise

Chris x

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    We still used sticks, well one stick. It was a reet bigun though

Chris x
    Definitely one of my best memories mate for which I shall be forever grateful

See.... this is what I was saying earlier about Bash friendships, in the last 2 of my 57 years on this planet, I’ve amassed so many great times.... my first rabbit, my first confirmed boulder kill (Chris knows, he even nearly retrieved it for me), running from stampeding bulls through a rampaging river, laying in fields in the Springtime not giving a toss, rat shooting in a Cornish dairy farm and the next day looking through bino’s at a couple of deer within range, a 308 in the back of the van but.... just inches out of ‘jurisdiction’. Picking up and delivering rifles for good friends from Southend to Stroud to Hereford to Luton to The Lakes to Middlesbrough and a couple of places I can’t even remember

I’ve enjoyed cups of tea and banter in some fine peoples homes and even spent a night or three in others and been looked after like a king with food, wine and wom... (oh yeah, no women unfortunately )

I’ve managed to get a shooting permission, many guns I don’t need and most of all... a future retirement and life that will be more fulfilling than I could ever have wished for or imagined just a few years ago.

Anyway, enough gay stuff........

....I love you all for it.

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    The more the merrier mate as long as admiral Gwynn is on hand to supervise

Chris x
    Absolutely Chris: attacks, sailing rafts & storming strong points, across the river and into the trees = very happy kids.... A cherished memory Mate.

ATB
    Gwyn
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    Absolutely Chris: attacks, sailing rafts & storming strong points, across the river and into the trees = very happy kids.... A cherished memory Mate.

ATB
    Gwyn
    T’was a Summer to be cherished to be sure Gwyn and all overseen from your fine ‘castle’ in the field

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    There's only one good activity that involves the prone position
    Sleeping?
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    I’ve learned so much about airguns since attending the Bash Mike but I reckon I’ve learned just as much about friendship too, it’s very profound and unexplainable but it just works
    It is strange as you say. Its funny because sometimes I hate technology ie internet, mobile phones etc etc but then without it I would never have met any of you great people, never been to Quigley Hollow and probably not done half the stuff I've done over the years. I cant wait for April
    Last edited by MikeHW45; 13-02-2018 at 05:04 PM.

It is strange as you say. Its funny because sometimes I hate technology ie internet, mobile phones etc etc but then without it I would never have many any of you great people, never been to Quigley Hollow and probably not done half the stuff I've done over the years. I cant wait for April
    Exactly the same here mate, I'm a proper technophobe and don't get me started on the whole mobile phone thing but, without it the bash would be non existent. I love attending the bash, s, long may they continue and ROLL ON APRIL
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

And what a nice series of lovely posts from wonderful people.

Nothing to add to the above, really, and we've said these sorts of things so many times before, but (and, like Dave I'm a proper technophobe), but without the BBS The Bash thing would never have happened and, again, a big THANK YOU to Mick and Shirl for making that first one happen and fir remaining committed to the cause.

I can honestly say that the friends that I've made at The Bash are the very best friends a chap could possibly have, all pulled together by a simple wood & steel boingery device, but bonded for ever with the very finest human spirit.

Love you, peeps!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

And just the small matter of 54 sleeps until these Fine People of The Hollow can be together again.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

I can honestly say that the friends that I've made at The Bash are the very best friends a chap could possibly have, all pulled together by a simple wood & steel boingery device, but bonded for ever with the very finest human spirit.

Love you, peeps!
    So perfectly worded mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    So perfectly worded mate
    Cheers young Dave.

Thread's a bit close to the foot of the page, so here's a Tuesday afternoon boingery bump - a first for me!