Page 99 of 235 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 3515

Thread: 7th and 8th April 2018 Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Worry not, I'll bring my daughter's craft kit glitter tubes and UPVA glue, and give 'em all a shiny shiny jolly up.
    A nice pink glittery badge will suit tinbum down to the ground
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Unfortunately, the badges are nothing special, Gareth :-

Which has reminded me that I must order some more tomorrow after phoning to see if our new pollytunnel roof has arrived from that there Vietnam yet.
    Result --- two 9.1m X 12m sheets will be with me in the morning.

http://www.tarpaflex.co.uk/acatalog/...arpaulins.html

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire

And I'll top-up my daughter's glitter tubes this Saturday, and ensure I buy plenty of pink for Mr T. Bum's badge, as suggested by Messrs flyingfish, too.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    And I'll top-up my daughter's glitter tubes this Saturday, and ensure I buy plenty of pink for Mr T. Bum's badge, as suggested by Messrs flyingfish, too.
    I can't help being Fabulous!
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post

Lol. I must show that to my three kids: FABTASTIC.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

They look bloody excellent they do

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Excellent lol

Well that was a nice surprise we're in a hotel on the bank of the River Tweed, spent half an hour watching an otter fishing this evening pity our lass is being a complete xxxxx
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Well that was a nice surprise we're in a hotel on the bank of the River Tweed, spent half an hour watching an otter fishing this evening pity our lass is being a complete xxxxx
    No Beaver then, Dave ?

No Beaver then, Dave ?
    Definitely not tonight mate
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Cheers For the kind offer, Paul, but I think we've got it sorted.

Though we're two men down, with me and my right hand man, little Eddy, being out of action I still have four able bodied local mates to help and nice Ray (Blackbarronfish) has also offered his services if needs be.

With fitting two sheets instead of one the job is much easier anyway, for the first bash with the pollytunnel me and Shirl managed to fit the one big sheet all by ourselves.
    As Pauly says, Mick, don't hesitate to shout up if there's any help required.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Robet View Post
    Just paid my £20 by bank transfer. Look forward to seeing you all again, not long now.
    Rob
    Fantastic, Rob.

As ever, it'll be great to see you again.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Just the job, luvverly jubberly!

Yesterday's Supersport tinkerings........

Were fun!

Enlisted some extra helping hands, courtesy of the Mrs!

Barrel went straight on, no worries, although if I were to have to work on them on a regular basis, I'd be tempted to use a shorter "dummy" barrel hinge pin to hold the detent in place. Lock up is now lovely, courtesy of polished detent and the lovely little detent spring that Pete, look no hands, sent me.

I knew the trigger may be a bit of a fiddly beast. I know you're meant to be able to hold the sear down to remove the piston, but it wasn't having any of it when I stripped it, so removed the trigger. Yes, a little fiddly, but it was in place pretty soon.

Then the easy bit.......fitting the spring (which again, Pete had kindly donated).....well, when I stripped it it was very easy peasy.....but it had the broken square section spring in (OX?). Bloody hell, trying to do it by hand and it was having none of it. I then wasted loads of time locating the spring compressor, as I had not needed it for years. When I finally found it, the flat disc that goes onto the threaded section was nowhere to be seen. So I tried to improvise with various ideas but nothing seemed to be working. Then I remembered that there was an insert for working on the FWB sport in the box, with locating hole that goes onto the threaded section. Removed the insert for the FWB and then, with some packing metal washers, ie about five 2p coins, thus allowed enough clearance for the metal dowel you need to clear the mainspring retaining pin. And, eventually, it went in, complete with the top hat and guide, again courtesy of Pete and the Tinsterbelle. Plenty of preload here, methinks.

Then fit the cocking slide that Uncle Mick sent me....lovely.

Then fit the stock......oh dear.....it has a home made / aftermarket (?) set back blade. Once fitted the gun cocked and then de-cocked. Tried again....no chance. Then I noticed that the bottom of the blade was contacting against the trigger guard. Backed the rear screw off and it's fine. Eventually, by juggling the Mickey Mouse trigger guard around and making sure that the front end is pulled down whilst tightening the rear screw, we can have it tight and retain sufficient clearance for correct trigger operation.

Shot it into a box of rags a few times and it seems twang free. Seems a little lively, as I remember from years ago. When I had a few shots a few weeks ago it did seem quite docile, but then the broken spring that revealed itself and the 9ft.lbs output would explain this.

It was dark by the time I'd built it, so no time to chrono.....that will have to happen tomorrow if the weather allows. If the power is sensible, I'll just let it bed in and see how it goes. If it's too close for comfort, I'll shorten the spring which will also improve the manners. All depends what the chrono says.......

And thank you again, Mick, Pete and Nick for all the lovely bits enabling the recommissioning on a shoestring! You are all stars. And, Mick, I'll bring that broken cocking slide with me to The Hollow.

Boingy boingy Beeza Boing!

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Definitely not tonight mate
    Maybe in the morning you'll get a glimpse, Dave.