Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 27 of 27

Thread: Lower than a sportsmatch low... I've stumbled upon something here!

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bath
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner too View Post
    i have some of those mounts kicking about somewhere,i found them (fiddly) to set up,i.e. keeping the scope perfectly (level) while doing up the mounts, i do think if you had a scope level on the scope its self ,it would make much simpler.
    Yeah.. they do go on funny a... But once on there on. I think they are a bit of a revelation to be honest, I'd totally given up looking for mounts lower than sportsmatch & I bought these thinking they were medium hight. Its just a bonus that I now don't have to get the cheek piece raised il just pop this here lovley meopta artemis 4x32 on top instead!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London
    Posts
    20,361
    they look about 1.5mm lower than the sportsmatch ?

    Would be quicker and easier to just let your stubble grow to lift your cheek off the stock the same distance
    I'm currently looking for: an old style Parker Hale (not Pax) Pheonix, a .177 mk1 Meteor barrel ( or a whole gun if cheap), and a project Crosman 2200 (or bits). Thanks, JB.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Heerenveen
    Posts
    223
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Hi all... Just had to post this as I think it's a real find..
    I've stumbled upon a set of 11mm dovetail mounts that are high quality, center champing (no crossover), low mounts that are lower than a sportsmatch low mount! and they won't break the bank at under 30!
    Pics:

    See links below

    Link to them on Nikon's site: (please mods apologies if this isn't allowed please remove if so)

    http://www.nikonsportoptics.com/en/n...aluminum).html

    As you can see the push a 32mm scope on my 77 right down low enough for me to use the STD 77 stock which is designed for open sights! Yes get in!! I'm so dead chuffed.. I now cannot wait to plonk a 2-7 on this rifle & have some fun!!

    Had to let you all know.
    The mounts are Nikon A series rimfire mounts & they are advertised as medium 20-44mm objectives. (how the f@#& you fit a 44 in these I'm not sure!).

    This really does open a door for all those die hard 77 lovers and all those struggling with comb hight issues.
    Yippee!!!

    All the best
    Rhys
    Thanks for sharing, I have been looking for low mounts for my Pro Elite CS600 for years. The Tyrolean stock is very comfortable but demands low mounted optics.
    Air Arms & Weihrauch

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    wakefield
    Posts
    1,924

    re

    you cant just say centre clamp (no crossover) they can still just get it the same as sportsmatch do

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bath
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    they look about 1.5mm lower than the sportsmatch ?

    Would be quicker and easier to just let your stubble grow to lift your cheek off the stock the same distance
    You have obviously never met me lol!!! I am a man of sizable beard!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bath
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by hotversion View Post
    you cant just say centre clamp (no crossover) they can still just get it the same as sportsmatch do
    How's that then.... Clamping from the middle means that both sides are equal and the gap in the middle changes with variable sizes in mounting rail, as apposed to the gap between the clamp & the body on the side of the mount on regular style mounts which shifts the whole thing sideways depending on the rail width......... I will try the old reversal trick just to see if what you say is true but I cant see it myself.... Watch this space.!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bath
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonas View Post
    Thanks for sharing, I have been looking for low mounts for my Pro Elite CS600 for years. The Tyrolean stock is very comfortable but demands low mounted optics.
    You have pm..
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    middlesbrough
    Posts
    6,159
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    You have obviously never met me lol!!! I am a man of sizable beard!
    Wrong, it's Jon mate, Jon budd. I'm pretty sure your paths must have crossed at the boinger bash,s

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    wakefield
    Posts
    1,924

    re

    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    How's that then.... Clamping from the middle means that both sides are equal and the gap in the middle changes with variable sizes in mounting rail, as apposed to the gap between the clamp & the body on the side of the mount on regular style mounts which shifts the whole thing sideways depending on the rail width......... I will try the old reversal trick just to see if what you say is true but I cant see it myself.... Watch this space.!
    only by mounting them back to back and feeling if theres a lip same as normal mounts,ive never been a big fan of centre clamps,as removing the scope and replacing it becomes a pain,setting up eye position.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bath
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Wrong, it's Jon mate, Jon budd. I'm pretty sure your paths must have crossed at the boinger bash,s
    Ahhhhhh... Yes... I can't stand these name changes!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Near Wimbledon, SW London
    Posts
    20,361
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Ahhhhhh... Yes... I can't stand these name changes!!
    Beard, stubble, either way, it didn't seem it would take long get it grown a mill thicker
    I'm currently looking for: an old style Parker Hale (not Pax) Pheonix, a .177 mk1 Meteor barrel ( or a whole gun if cheap), and a project Crosman 2200 (or bits). Thanks, JB.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Bath
    Posts
    3,003
    Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Beard, stubble, either way, it didn't seem it would take long get it grown a mill thicker
    Lol.. yes Jon.. I have to say though that 1.5mm thicker hair would really be quite something and an upgrade in facial hair trimming equipment, to lightweight gardening equipment might be required!!
    But in all seriousness the lower mounts do seem to make a big difference to me & my head alignment to be honest....
    Its my beautiful high cheek bones
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •