Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
Thanks for the reply.

So it wouldn't show with firearms owners until their licenses came up for renewal. YES

I would guess that most airgun owners in Scotland don't also own firearms. I would say the same for England. correct but there was some people that did say they would not license their airguns no matter what the penalties are. One even said he would use it against the police if they came to take it away

Plus the number of FAc and SGC applications may have went up as some said they would apply for them if they had to license their airguns

18 thousand airgun licenses seems rather low, even though Scotland has a small population. There was a good number handed in also though .plus some people will have sold them thinking they would not get a license due to health issues

England has a huge population.

There are many reasons why people are treated for depression, as you say.

Whatever the reason, depression is apparently the most common illness in the country. And the number of sufferers is growing. The problem is that doctors tend to dish out antidepressants without looking athe reasons for the patient coming to see them.one expression was that they were handing them out like sweeties
My mate was on them for years and when he wanted to come off them ,his doctor kept him on them. He had to see a psychologist through his new employer to get off them . His doctor tried to keep him on them. Some doctors may think Anti depressants is the cure all for all reasons to see the doctor

chest infection = have some sertraline
sore leg =have some Citalopram
ear infection = have some Fluoxetine
ok im taking the pee but who knows

I would guess that, whatever the official records state, there are many more than 6million who need treatment. The 6 million is pills handed out not people .And that was just the number for Scotland

There must also be a lot of depressed policemen, judges, doctors, nurses and teachers in particular. And many of the unemployed. Lots of young people I would guess. I would say so too but most won't admit it

There ain't much to be happy about in modern Britain.

Just joking.
Answers in red .