Thread: Waiting 'til March?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    The same could have been said for the high profile case which led to Scottish licensing...

So a junkie that was deliberately targeting people is the same as an accident ? yes the accident should not have happened due to some one supervising them .

The junkie was trying to hit Andrew Morton's uncle who was holding andrew. That was not an accident

The scottish license was going through no matter what proof that it was not needed was put forward. A vote grabber as some say.

kenny Macaskill his own words

"We have always been clear that licensing will happen and this has been a valuable exercise in highlighting issues and drawing out concerns around our suggested changes.
    "It is important that we now consider all views submitted as we continue to develop a system of licensing that is fair, proportionate and practicable for police and shooters alike.
    "It is simply not right that in a modern Scotland air guns are available without a licence.

I would like to think your government people would consider the peoples views on it rather than saying "we are doing it " like macaskill did.

And yes i know the government shaft us with other rulings but they may not in this case

Many years ago we had to have a license to own a dog all you had to do was just pop into the local post office fill a form in pay a few bob and you were sorted. If England does bring in the licence then doing it like the old dog license is a quick and easy win.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    So a junkie that was deliberately targeting people is the same as an accident ? yes the accident should not have happened due to some one supervising them .

The junkie was trying to hit Andrew Morton's uncle who was holding andrew. That was not an accident
    My point was that shooting a child in the head, even if you happened to be aiming for someone else, was already against the law. It's not like they couldn't prosecute him because of some legal loophole.

I wasn't referring to other accidents, or implying that this incident was an accident.
    Good deals with these members