Thread: CP2 Barrel o rings.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.

CP2 Barrel o rings.

As title folks, what are they made from?

Viton, Neoprene??

I know the size, just need the type.

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Anyone?
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Never mind.

Should have known not to expect an answer on here!

This site really has gone downhill.

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Never mind.

Should have known not to expect an answer on here!

This site really has gone downhill.
    Indeed it has Roy.

I don't own a CP2 but if you know the size then (from my experience of other barrel seals) viton 70 should do the trick, if the o ring has a softer feel then NBR might be better. What size is it mate as i have thousands of o rings and might just have a a few i could send. What colour are the o rings you have now?
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

I always used Nitrile/EPDM seals in my QB78, as they aren't affected affected by the CO2; cheap seals will shrink as the CO2 passes it.

It seems Polyurethane [PU]; EPDM; or Viton [FKM] are the most suitable in order of recommendation from O ring suppliers, Nitrile also seems to crop up but I was told it swells with contact to Co2 especially when opened to atmosphere. Hope this helps
    ATVB
    abellringer

nb70 is what I'd use and although it does absorb co2 if constantly exposed to it the minimal amount upon firing will not cause any problems
    using a harder oring than 70 will probably cause fitting issues and may well damage them trying to push the barrel in even when lubed with silicon grease
    I've tried Viton in the past for co2 applications and found it no better than nitrile and for anything that is exposed to co2 then exposed to atmosphere edpm is better or urethane(not cheap) but I've used nitrile for this but you have either to wait for the seal to contract or fit a new onew whilst you wait for the old one to go back to original size

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    Indeed it has Roy.

I don't own a CP2 but if you know the size then (from my experience of other barrel seals) viton 70 should do the trick, if the o ring has a softer feel then NBR might be better. What size is it mate as i have thousands of o rings and might just have a a few i could send. What colour are the o rings you have now?
    Nice one Chris, the seals that came with the CP2 are almost a clear colour and 8mm i.d. by 0.8mm thick.

Thanks for the replies folks...

Cheers.

Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Nice one Chris, the seals that came with the CP2 are almost a clear colour and 8mm i.d. by 0.8mm thick.

Thanks for the replies folks...

Cheers.

Roy.
    I'll take a look Roy but pretty sure i don't actually have that size. The 0.8 thickness is a bit odd. I found 8 x 1 in Nitrile (Sh70)
    https://www.polymax.co.uk/o-rings/rubber-nbr-oring/

I did find these though
    https://www.polymax.co.uk/o-ring-7-9...nitrile-70-sha
    Chairman Emley Moor F.T.C. 2023 - Misfits champ, HFT extreme champ, NEFTA hunter champ, Midlands Hunter champ, UKAHFT champ.
    https://sites.google.com/site/emleymoorftc/contact-us

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
    I'll take a look Roy but pretty sure i don't actually have that size. The 0.8 thickness is a bit odd. I found 8 x 1 in Nitrile (Sh70)
    https://www.polymax.co.uk/o-rings/rubber-nbr-oring/

I did find these though
    https://www.polymax.co.uk/o-ring-7-9...nitrile-70-sha

Just ordered some 8x1 Viton Chris........dunno if they will fit.....but there's only one way to be sure!
    May even be worth getting the barrel grooves taken up to a 'standard' size! perhaps.
    Although I've just ordered 50 - 7.9 x 0.8 nitrile from the bay for under a £5....let's see eh!
    (polymax were out of stock)

Thanks for the offer though mate....tis appreciated!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Last edited by Retracted_Yeti; 10-01-2018 at 11:35 PM.

Ok so, I've tried the 8mm id x 1mm o rings in viton........epic fail, breech basically cuts them to pieces!

Will see if the 7.9 x 0.8 I've ordered are any better.

In the meantime.........are the CP1 barrel o rings the same size???

Or anyone know where to order originals from?

SMK DONT deal with the public, so asking them is a waste of space and time.

Cheers.

Roy.