Thread: Rws Rapier

Rws Rapier

Hello guys ive recently acquired an rws rapier and was wondering when these started production and what the valuation of a near mint condition eary 500 serial number would be. Cheers all
    BSA

They were around in 2001. As I was going to buy one, then the S410k came out and I brought that.
    Lovely rifles and at times I wish I brought one. As I reckon they have the best looking stocks ever.
    Not too sure on when the multishot Excalibre came out.

Just found a May 2000 air gunner mag and there's a RWS advert stating "The All New Rapier" So I reckon not many months before this the Rapier came out.
    Price wise. Have seen several advertised recently ranging from £300 to £500. Some of these are fac, although I think £500 is a bit steep, unless the rifle is fitted with a good quality scope. Seems like the average price is between £350 to £425.

I think Nick has nailed the dating side (I understand the FX / RWS link-up was owing to a . business failure, or hick-up, leaving FX with a lot of unsold stock - although not actually 'stocks' )

A very elegant gun is the Rapier, and the 2-shot sliding mag system works very well. It should have a Turkish Red Walnut stock (V rare!).

I paid £280.00 for my Excalibre ten years ago.