Thread: Hw99 moderator or shroud

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hw99 moderator or shroud

Hello

Is there any way of fitting a moderator adapter (screw on type) or a slip on moderator like the webley type, without having to file down the slots on the barrel for open sights?

I have seen the weirauch slip on moderator that goes over the open sights but I'm not so keen.

I like the idea of having a moderator but still retain the option of open sights for future use.

Failing that, does anyone make a barrel shroud? I've seen a couple of custom ones but they weren't in stock last time I looked.

I'd like to reduce muzzle crack (I appreciate most noise is from the spring) but more so, I'd like it to double up as a muzzle weight. I find he standard gun very light at the front end.
    Thank you

i filed the grooves down on mine and stuck a JSR adaptor on it . Loctited on . I never tried to see if the front sight would go back on as i use and removed the open sights .

i know some people have used a needle file and cut grooves in the adaptors to save filing the barrel grooves. .

Ian Blade newman on facebook used to do shrouds but i'm sure he was reported for making them .i think he does a parts kit now to do it legally but i may be wrong .

Tinbum used to do shrouds too . Not sure if he still does .

i'm not sure if the VCR act comes into it if people make them and send them via the post like a shop can't send a new moderator through the post . only if its a warranty replacement i think but i'm not sure .

Good idea about filling the adapter.

I'm not on Facebook. Is he on this forum? A kit might be an option

I suppose the other option is threading the barrel. What kind of price do people on here charge? I'm in the Manchester area. No doubt vcr prevents sending barrels in the post

Quote Originally Posted by rg627 View Post
    Good idea about filling the adapter.

I'm not on Facebook. Is he on this forum? A kit might be an option

I suppose the other option is threading the barrel. What kind of price do people on here charge? I'm in the Manchester area. No doubt vcr prevents sending barrels in the post

No idea if Ian is on here . Yes you can send your barrel as its not brand new from a retailer .

There is a few on here that may be able to thread it for you but im not sure who . UK.Neil used to do it but he retired ,Some one took over from him but i cant think who.

I'm not sure if RichardH from on here can do them .

RancidTom may be worth trying too.

That's not so bad then.

Anybody around Manchester able to thread barrels? Threading might be a good option and forgetting about the iron sights

I've been doing some research and nobody has been able to thread it so far.

I've seen pics of them threaded so it must be possible? I do not have lathe experience but I believe the breech block size is he problem.

Has anyone on here successfully threaded one or have they swapped the barrel for a factory threaded option.

Confused