Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Month and year of manufacture for an HW77?

Question Month and year of manufacture for an HW77?

I've recently bought an old, full length HW77. I've never had one of these before so, when this came up at a good price, well, it was rude not to

It's showing it's age a little - some marks in the bluing and, it looks like someone tried to win the ashes tour with the stock.

At some point in it's life it's had the SFS treatment - it's very smooth to cock and shoot - I was hitting 10mm kill zones on a knock down at 25yrds with ease when I went to look at it.
    A quick chat with SFS yesterday revealed that it's more than likely had a stage 2 tune (whatever that involves).

It's missing the front and rear open sights - not a problem for now because I can put a little Hawke on there but, I would like to have them on there eventually.

The safety isn't working at all - hopefully an easy fix with bits from my spares box.

My question for the knowledgeable folk on here is, is there a way to find out the month and year of manufacture?

The rifle is stamped 'Made in W. Germany'.

The serial number is 1031829.

I found a search thing online last night - this said it was most likely manufactured in 1986.
    I was just hoping to be more specific if possible.

All help and replies appreciated

All of the above.

http://www.weihrauch-database.eu/thelist
    check this out...
    The nearest Weihrauch rifle I can find on the list is serial number 1031652 - manufactured in 1986, so I would presume yours would be around the same time.
    I hope this helps.
    HuMa regulated S200 .22...
    Artemis PP800 .177...
    Weihrauch HW45 .177

If you email HW they will give you the date.

Quote Originally Posted by bhodge View Post
    http://www.weihrauch-database.eu/thelist
    check this out...
    The nearest Weihrauch rifle I can find on the list is serial number 1031652 - manufactured in 1986, so I would presume yours would be around the same time.
    I hope this helps.
    Thank you - that's an interesting link.

If I can find anything more specific for mine, I'll add it to it

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    If you email HW they will give you the date.
    Email sent

I'll come back and update when I get a reply.

Thanks.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonjon79 View Post
    Email sent

I'll come back and update when I get a reply.

Thanks.
    They are pretty quick. I have emailed them 3 time sand they emailed back within a week. .

The safety may be gunged up with dried grease. I would try putting a drop of oil like 3 in 1 on the safety button and allow it to soak in.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

As already mentioned, your safety is most likely gunged up with tar/grease. Give it a clean and it’ll most likely be back to normal.
    If you need a new spring, have a look at a Bic Biro spring before selling out silly money on a replacement.
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

I've recently bought an old, full length HW77. I've never had one of these before so, when this came up at a good price, well, it was rude not to

It's showing it's age a little - some marks in the bluing and, it looks like someone tried to win the ashes tour with the stock.

At some point in it's life it's had the SFS treatment - it's very smooth to cock and shoot - I was hitting 10mm kill zones on a knock down at 25yrds with ease when I went to look at it.
    A quick chat with SFS yesterday revealed that it's more than likely had a stage 2 tune (whatever that involves).

It's missing the front and rear open sights - not a problem for now because I can put a little Hawke on there but, I would like to have them on there eventually.

The safety isn't working at all - hopefully an easy fix with bits from my spares box.

My question for the knowledgeable folk on here is, is there a way to find out the month and year of manufacture?

The rifle is stamped 'Made in W. Germany'.

The serial number is 1031829.

I found a search thing online last night - this said it was most likely manufactured in 1986.
    I was just hoping to be more specific if possible.

All help and replies appreciated
    Sounds great Jon.. can't wait to get up black cat for a day & we can compare! What caliber is she?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    As already mentioned, your safety is most likely gunged up with tar/grease. Give it a clean and it’ll most likely be back to normal.
    If you need a new spring, have a look at a Bic Biro spring before selling out silly money on a replacement.
    Don't be silly he's not looking to reduce the power to sub 12 ft micro grams !!!
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 12-01-2018 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Sorry.... Never using that green ever again! I can barely see now!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    The safety may be gunged up with dried grease. I would try putting a drop of oil like 3 in 1 on the safety button and allow it to soak in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig-P View Post
    Thank you chaps - it's all sorted

I took the trigger out and, had to tap the safety through with a small dowel. I was wondering if the spring would even be in there. Thankfully it was and, it was in good condition.
    It was indeed all gunked up - a good clean and a light oiling, it's now working as it should.

All of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Sounds great Jon.. can't wait to get up black cat for a day & we can compare! What caliber is she?
    It's .177 mate.

It's ready for the range now

I've not done much with it. I sorted the safety, gave all of the external metalwork a good rub over with oil, fitted a little scope and 1pc mount and, put a sling on.
    It needs more TLC but, that'll have to wait until I've got the parts and, I've decided what to do about the stock.

All of the above.

It's .177 mate.

It's ready for the range now

I've not done much with it. I sorted the safety, gave all of the external metalwork a good rub over with oil, fitted a little scope and 1pc mount and, put a sling on.
    It needs more TLC but, that'll have to wait until I've got the parts and, I've decided what to do about the stock.
    Sounds good when shall we go to the range then?..
    Txt me

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Sounds good when shall we go to the range then?..
    Txt me
    Will do mate.

All of the above.

A bit more of an update ....

I managed to skive off for a short while yesterday so, I took the rifle down to Black Cat for a quick zero and plink.

While I was there, I found out that it used to belong to a friend - they confirmed that they had SFS do a stage 2 tune on it a couple of years ago.

I usually prefer carbine type rifles and, I'm a big fan of the TX200hc but, this old '77 is really growing on me.

All of the above.