Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
you are only seeing what people have reported on line ,There may be another one or two or even a thousand that have let go but the owners just put it down to wear and tear and they don't use airgun forums .

Not all airgun owners are on airgun forums

Like most things out there ,people will only say "Oh mine did that too" if they hear it happened to some one else .

And if you think Diana will tell you how they put them together then go for it and ask but don't expect a reply if they know there could be an issue . Remember " Diana was shocked " surely if they were that shocked a recall may have been issued .

Did they reply to your query about the sears snapping? did you even write to them Barry ?

But until the other owners that have had it happen to their there will be an assumption of its only one that its happened to so its a one off so send the guy another piston.

Or they could be doing a HW99 and saying its fine pump more out the fools will still buy them.
I had my trigger sear snap on mine last year, now it may have been because I fitted a Diana 45 barrel to my 34, now the breech wouldn't shut properly, so it was either because of that or because the sear was weak (like the others mentioned) and it finally decided to let go at that particular moment, like I said to Barry at the time it all blew up, there's no point mentioning it to Diana as they won't give a monkeys.

Now here's a turn up for the books, I've just taken my T06 piston and trigger out of my old 34 to put the T05 set up back in and the T06 piston has deeper crimps (compared to the T05 pistons crimps) and also another set of crimps next to them like the ones shown in the first photo of this thread, the second set of crimps are not as deep as the ones shown in the photo but it makes you wonder if Diana may have known about it a few years ago (I bought my T06 conversion kit 4 years ago), the plot thickens.

Pete