Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
So does this mean that both you and Pete would sell guns that you suspect are dangerous

There is something that was said by the owner of the piston in the pic, he said was that it was Umarex who sent him the piston and I was wondering if it was Umarex that done the bodge not Diana, we still don't know for sure how the stem is fixed in.

I don't think that we can compare this bodge with the 99 bodge because the 99 is a budget gun and these 52 pistons are in the 48/52/54/56/460/470/k98 and more just look at the price of a 56 and compare it with the 99 price

I think that a email to Diana is required to try to get some accurate info
I've been meaning to sell my 34 for ages as I just don't use it and I could do with the money to either buy more BSA's or spend it on the ones I already have

It still doesn't instil any confidence in me when last year I had the sear snap and now this problem, fair enough mine isn't wobbly or come away yet but I have had it happen on a Chinese copy.

Just because the cost of the Diana's you've mentioned are far higher than the 99 doesn't mean they are built any better or with superior materials, Diana's have always been expensive in this country and that's down to the importers charging a fortune for them and that's why there's hardly any market for them.

Pete