Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A picture of the updated Diana piston with the new crimp.

Diana

Shot a brand new one at the club earlier ( 2 actually ) The guy is a Glutton for punishment ( sorry Gareth )
    Cool looking if you wanted a wall hanger But they will take an bit of work to make them Viable as a shooter
    in fact if they got rid of that angled breech and silly barrel droop I would consider one
    nice and light though !

The piston rod thing really wouldn't bother me I would make a longer one out of silver steel and Braze it in from the front
    Last edited by mallyally; 14-01-2018 at 04:54 PM.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I had my trigger sear snap on mine last year, now it may have been because I fitted a Diana 45 barrel to my 34, now the breech wouldn't shut properly, so it was either because of that or because the sear was weak (like the others mentioned) and it finally decided to let go at that particular moment, like I said to Barry at the time it all blew up, there's no point mentioning it to Diana as they won't give a monkeys.

Now here's a turn up for the books, I've just taken my T06 piston and trigger out of my old 34 to put the T05 set up back in and the T06 piston has deeper crimps (compared to the T05 pistons crimps) and also another set of crimps next to them like the ones shown in the first photo of this thread, the second set of crimps are not as deep as the ones shown in the photo but it makes you wonder if Diana may have known about it a few years ago (I bought my T06 conversion kit 4 years ago), the plot thickens.

Pete
    Your post is of interest to me Pete,
    My T05 460 has a T06 kit fitted soon after the T06 came out but I can't remember what the crimps were like but I have been looking at the old T05 piston and it looks real quality and was almost thinking of putting it back but I was thinking it only seems the later pistons that seem to be having the problems, could it have been around the time when Diana changed their factory, just wondering

Here is pics of my T05 piston, not sure you can see the quality but you can see the roundness and how central the stem is.

Here's an idea. Why couldn't they put a short pin, the diameter of the annular groove in the piston rod, through the solid inside piece? Have this protrude into the groove only, and set flush with the outside of the solid piece of steel. Then slide the piston body(the tube) over this and crimp it on. This way the pin could never back out as it's captured by the tube and it won't be weakened like drilling and pinning through the rod would cause. Of course they couldn't crimp on top of the pin, but that should be easy enough. The splines would still be needed to stop the rod rotating and causing any wear as well. As far as Air Arms style rod, the Pro Elite was made exactly as the TX and, in FAC form, had a stouter spring than the Diana. The Diana made the power with a little less spring due to the centralized transfer port.

Only relevant in terms of quality, but ... looks like Diana have a new range of PCP's that look very reminiscent of some current Chinese offerings. I've also seen pics of a Diana 21 stating made in china on the action.
    Maybe there is now some corroboration with Diana and other manufacturers that explain recent accounts of poor quality
    B.A.S.C. member

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Only relevant in terms of quality, but ... looks like Diana have a new range of PCP's that look very reminiscent of some current Chinese offerings. I've also seen pics of a Diana 21 stating made in china on the action.
    Maybe there is now some corroboration with Diana and other manufacturers that explain recent accounts of poor quality
    Hi Rob I got the PM,
    I brought this up some time ago on the DWC
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/18447...ese+Diana+-%28

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    Hi Rob I got the PM,
    I brought this up some time ago on the DWC
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/18447...ese+Diana+-%28
    Cheers. Not sure that a rebranding of other makes will do the brand much good.
    B.A.S.C. member

good thought

Quote Originally Posted by FPoole View Post
    Here's an idea. Why couldn't they put a short pin, the diameter of the annular groove in the piston rod, through the solid inside piece? Have this protrude into the groove only, and set flush with the outside of the solid piece of steel. Then slide the piston body(the tube) over this and crimp it on. This way the pin could never back out as it's captured by the tube and it won't be weakened like drilling and pinning through the rod would cause. Of course they couldn't crimp on top of the pin, but that should be easy enough. The splines would still be needed to stop the rod rotating and causing any wear as well. As far as Air Arms style rod, the Pro Elite was made exactly as the TX and, in FAC form, had a stouter spring than the Diana. The Diana made the power with a little less spring due to the centralized transfer port.
    hi, now pin through solid head running through the rod groove that could be right, its a good belt and braces idea , until someone cuts one up we will never know. could organise a bbs piston sweepstake on the outcome