Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
I have seen that many people make sleeves to lessen the twang from cut to size beer cans.
I would like to try something that's not homemade.
The dimensions I need are 22mm o/d x 21mm i/d x 170mm length. I have looked on the internet and the nearest I can find is carbon tubing but the thinnest wall is 1mm which brings the i/d down to 20mm.
I even went round the supermarket and B&Q with my vernier gauge measuring anything that looked anywhere near my requirements (I got some odd looks when measuring vitamin pill containers, mop handles etc).
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes tubing of this size or even if this is an avenue worth going down?
I only fit sleeves to prevent any lube migrating from the spring.

A correct sized spring and a set of delrin guides, coupled with the rifle being set up correctly should remove ALL twang.

On a traditional (even home made) sleeve, the end that goes to the front of the piston has "teeth" that are bent over. This enables the spring / top hat to keep the sleeve in place.
If you're considering a tube, you'd need to bond it to the inside of the piston to keep it in place.

I'd say a complete waste of time.