Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anschutz 335 & 335s differences?

Anschutz 335 & 335s differences?

Hi all,
    I seem to be on a run of coming across interesting project rifles of late. I should resist but am finding it hard to)
    The latest is a 335s with non original sights, a stock in need of minor surgery and removal of a square section spring I have been scouring the internet trying to establish the lower powered spring spec but cannot find it, does anyone have the details please? I am also wondering if there were any other internal differences between the target and non-target versions?
    Cheers all
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The aperture sight and the lower power spring were the only differences as far as I remember. If you look on one of the German websites you should be able to get a home market German spring for it which will give the right fpe for near recoilless shooting.

The "S" has no provision for a rear sight on the breach block.

335s Williams Peep Sight

HI

I have a surplus William peep sight for a 335s if your interested, These were manufacture fitted as an alternative to the diopter rear sight.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The aperture sight and the lower power spring were the only differences as far as I remember. If you look on one of the German websites you should be able to get a home market German spring for it which will give the right fpe for near recoilless shooting.
    Thanks for the info. I see this purchase as a more interesting alternative to the ubiquitous HW30. In its current state it chronos at a little I'ver 8ftlbs with H&N FTT and is jumpy and buzzy. I am aiming for 6ftlbs'ish and smooth. Given the stock issues and square spring I do not intend to put any more pellets through than the three I used to check the power. I will only shoot it when it has been fettled.
    Rich.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    It's a fair bit bigger than the HW30, more like the old HW50. I think to get the best out of it you might consider a Vortek adaptor and plastic seal, and maybe sleeve down the transfer port, plus a reduced strength spring. They had nice triggers and the barrels are excellent.

It's a fair bit bigger than the HW30, more like the old HW50. I think to get the best out of it you might consider a Vortek adaptor and plastic seal, and maybe sleeve down the transfer port, plus a reduced strength spring. They had nice triggers and the barrels are excellent.
    Funnily enough, after internet research last night (most useful info found on this very site) that is the spec I was aiming for

Quote Originally Posted by nige346 View Post
    HI

I have a surplus William peep sight for a 335s if your interested, These were manufacture fitted as an alternative to the diopter rear sight.
    Thanks Nige, I will drop you a PM.

IIRC the Williams Peep sight on the '335S is unique to this model as the fixing screw comes down vertically and not as per normal from the side. J Walters states the model number in his book.

Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    IIRC the Williams Peep sight on the '335S is unique to this model as the fixing screw comes down vertically and not as per normal from the side. J Walters states the model number in his book.

Got the standard Beeman Sport Williams on my HW30S. Can hit Polo mints at 30 yards with it.

You are correct, I owned a 335s which came with 2 rear sights both the same and both specifically for the 335, I actually prefered them to the dioptre sights, really easy to shoot accurately and quicker target acquisition.
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Got the standard Beeman Sport Williams on my HW30S. Can hit Polo mints at 30 yards with it.
    I tend to go for the holes in the middle with mine.

The correct peep sight for the '335S is the model 6800 with its vertical retaining screw although the more popular side screw and adjustable rail type will do.
    The Williams sports peep sight really is a nice bit of kit.

I tend to go for the holes in the middle with mine.

The Williams sports peep sight really is a nice bit of kit.
    Possibly the best single accessory the air-rifle enthusiast can buy. And generally for the price of a wholly inadequate 'telescope sight'.

My S has a Walther diopter fitted.

Possibly the best single accessory the air-rifle enthusiast can buy. And generally for the price of a wholly inadequate 'telescope sight'.
    Totally agree. No parallax error, mount problems or creep and the last one I bought of that there internet web sight cost around £30 and Ive fitted it with an adjustable iris.