Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Supersport DS Strip / Observations.

Pete, you are a very naughty boy..

A very, very naughty boy.

The generosity you have shown me regarding the parts for this little Supersport already far surpassed any expectations.

And then to find out that you have also treated me to the top hat is really bordering on too much to take in!

Thank you.

And, Nick, thank you again for playing hush hush with this and helping to create such a wonderful surprise and for the extra bonus of some free Bumslide, too!

Naughty, naughty, but nice, boys.

And yet another shining example of the helpfulness and selfless spirit demonstrated by so many good people on here.

Pete - if you can ever get to a Bash, it's on me, okay? And expect BIG man hugs!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

look no hands is online now Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    A very, very naughty boy.

The generosity you have shown me regarding the parts for this little Supersport already far surpassed any expectations.

And then to find out that you have also treated me to the top hat is really bordering on too much to take in!

Thank you.

And, Nick, thank you again for playing hush hush with this and helping to create such a wonderful surprise and for the extra bonus of some free Bumslide, too!

Naughty, naughty, but nice, boys.

And yet another shining example of the helpfulness and selfless spirit demonstrated by so many good people on here.

Pete - if you can ever get to a Bash, it's on me, okay? And expect BIG man hugs!
    That's strange, I got free bumslide as well when I ordered my Supersport kit, do you think he fancies us

Like I've said in my PM to you, I wanted you to get the Supersport back together, the quicker the better to get you away from those horrid HW things

Let me know how it all goes mate.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Not me, I'm in France. That was a Mr Underwood I believe.....
    Just goes to show that even when Nicks not in the country, he still provides a shit hot service

Thanks for doing that for me Nick.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Just goes to show that even when Nicks not in the country, he still provides a shit hot service

Thanks for doing that for me Nick.

Pete
    Yes, Mr Slippery Bum is indeed a little star, offering quality products with lightning fast service.

When I was doing the Slavia 634, I gave him my spring, piston and back block at a Bash weekend. He'll have returned home from this long weekend on the Sunday evening. As he had not done one before he was starting from scratch. The parts were with me by the Wednesday morning and totally transformed that little rifle's manners.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Yes, Mr Slippery Bum is indeed a little star, offering quality products with lightning fast service.

When I was doing the Slavia 634, I gave him my spring, piston and back block at a Bash weekend. He'll have returned home from this long weekend on the Sunday evening. As he had not done one before he was starting from scratch. The parts were with me by the Wednesday morning and totally transformed that little rifle's manners.
    Tone, have you tried the top hat on the spring yet mate, does it fit ok?

Pete

That's strange, I got free bumslide as well when I ordered my Supersport kit, do you think he fancies us

Like I've said in my PM to you, I wanted you to get the Supersport back together, the quicker the better to get you away from those horrid HW things

Let me know how it all goes mate.

Pete
    Sporadic replies I'm afraid, Pete, as the Internet connection is doing my head in!

I don't think Nick singled us out for any special treatment re the lube, mate.....I've heard he's nice to all the boys!

Although it's my day off tomorrow, many factors are contriving against me having any playtime, but rest assured, I'll be getting it finished asap and I can't wait to see what she's like!

And I'm really enjoying my re-acquaintance with the BSA brand, Pete, and fully understand your emotions.

Top hat is a nice, snug fit.

Off for tea now and will try and get on again later (if this bloody Internet allows!).

Sporadic replies I'm afraid, Pete, as the Internet connection is doing my head in!

I don't think Nick singled us out for any special treatment re the lube, mate.....I've heard he's nice to all the boys!

Although it's my day off tomorrow, many factors are contriving against me having any playtime, but rest assured, I'll be getting it finished asap and I can't wait to see what she's like!

And I'm really enjoying my re-acquaintance with the BSA brand, Pete, and fully understand your emotions.

Top hat is a nice, snug fit.

Off for tea now and will try and get on again later (if this bloody Internet allows!).
    Glad the top hat fits well, there was a little debate about the spring I.D. between me and Nick but I'd already sent it to you to remeasure, so we went with 14mm.

Pete

Talking Update / Thread Revival!

Well, I haven had much time to tinker of late.

The 'Sport was running a bit uncomfortably close with 'Domes. The only pellet I'd tested with. Nice, but a tad lively in the hand.

So, finally got the chance to de-tune a little last Sunday. Tested with 'Domes.....10.8 and feeling very smooth and with reduced cocking effort. It was late in the day by the time I could test power as light was fading fast.

Tested yesterday with JSB Jumbo RS (13.4) and Hobbies (11.9).

The JSBs were a beautiful fit. With their light and soft construction I expected higher energy figures and they delivered....628 fps and 11.8! And just 2 fps variation.

The Hobbies were a very tight fit. So, although very light, I guessed the tightness would rob some power.....not a bit of it! 670fps for 11.8+.

Now, when I built it earlier this year, the piston seal looked good so I just re-used it. So, hopefully, the power shouldn't rise, but I'll keep a close check on it.

Firing cycle is absolutely lovely. Honestly! Taking into account many comments made about the Lightning, I'm guessing the longer barrel on this Supersport is making it more efficient and able to run less spring. I haven't tested for accuracy with the JSBs, but couldn't imagine it being disappointing, but it's superb with the 'Domes and the Hobbies.

And Pete.......you're going to like this.........I LOVE IT !

It's a properly cosmetically challenged wreck of a thing externally.....chunks, bumps and scrapes everywhere. But the internals are lovely. A real "sleeper".

As long as the power doesn't creep up I'll just leave it now and use it as it's shooting so nicely.

And even that knackered looking old scope (with the elevation turret looking well dodgy) is holding up well and adjusts okay.

Thank you once again to Pete for the "two little boingy things", to Mick for the cocking slide and to Mr Bum for the Delrin loveliness and a drop of the slippery stuff. The gun was a freebie and it owes me the grand sum of £3.50, being the cost of a breech seal!

And it's a keeper.

Could just do with a ratting permission now!

Like I said to you yesterday Tone, the Brum made Supersport ain't as bad as a lot of people say they are, they need a little bit of TLC to get them to shoot nice and I agree it will never be as nice as a 99 (with crushed nuts and flake) but as a knockabout gun they are good little rifles.

Glad it's improved and behaved itself.

Pete

Like I said to you yesterday Tone, the Brum made Supersport ain't as bad as a lot of people say they are, they need a little bit of TLC to get them to shoot nice and I agree it will never be as nice as a 99 (with crushed nuts and flake) but as a knockabout gun they are good little rifles.

Glad it's improved and behaved itself.

Pete
    Behave ITself? Not quite, Pete......it took a little bit of persuasion courtesy of a grinding wheel!

Behave ITself? Not quite, Pete......it took a little bit of persuasion courtesy of a grinding wheel!
    That's just because you're an animal

Now I know where your loyalties lie, if it had been a HW it would have been a special Venom inspired rare English walnut handled 24 carat gold limited edition Ivan Hancock blessed "tuning" file but as it's just an old BSA.....it gets a Mr Wong sweated over, Chinese monkey metal B&Q grinding wheel

Shame on you

Pete
    Last edited by look no hands; 15-11-2018 at 05:26 AM.

S'funny, that.

S'funny, that.
    But probably true

Pete