Thread: Looking for springer advice...

Question Looking for springer advice...

I’ve just put a Tinbum kit in my neighbours HW77 and playing about with it has made me realise I need a springer in my life again!

I have got used to the low noise and recoil of a PCP so could anyone recommend what they find to be ‘well behaved’ springer, preferably a carbine/lighter rifle.

I’m drawn to a HW77K with the thought that a good tune and a moderator would suit me.

Is there anything else that would be more obvious to the more learned people out there?

I’m after .22, ambi (I’m a leftie) and I have upto about £4-500 to invest.

Thanks,

Darren

This is the bit where everybody shouts HW99 !
    A quick search on the forum will throw up several threads about this very subject .
    You have a healthy budget there so even if you have to put a kit in something you should still have a bit left.
    Consider the Walther LGU as an option if you fancy an underlever or the HW95k for a break barrel .

Quote Originally Posted by dtdukok View Post
    I’ve just put a Tinbum kit in my neighbours HW77 and playing about with it has made me realise I need a springer in my life again!

I have got used to the low noise and recoil of a PCP so could anyone recommend what they find to be ‘well behaved’ springer, preferably a carbine/lighter rifle.

I’m drawn to a HW77K with the thought that a good tune and a moderator would suit me.

Is there anything else that would be more obvious to the more learned people out there?

I’m after .22, ambi (I’m a leftie) and I have upto about £4-500 to invest.

Thanks,

Darren
    With that price range you will pick up a 97k with an integral moderator or you could go 2nd hand pre tuned then get yourself a left handed CS Stock
    Regards Matt
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

Thanks gents, I appreciate that. I’m after 2nd hand and I’m now liking the idea of a 97k.

If I go for pre-owned I can tune it (if it hasn’t been sorted already) without worrying about warranty.

I’ll see what comes up for sale here. I have found it the safest place to buy.

Thanks again to both for the advice.

Darren

I would also look at a secondhand Leftie tx200, or an ambidextrous theoben, such as a Fenman (no tuning needed)
    Hth bud

Atvb

Baldy

97s ate awesome and dead easy to work on.. I've never been bothered with warranty as most guns are crap from new anyway
    Donald

I returned to air guns in 2016 after break since the 80's, so all the new stuff about was amazing. I tried & purchased everything, but now sold it all & got back to springers.
    Like the OP i'm left handed, & now own a 2nd hand 97kt in 22 that has been stage 3 tuned had a Ti piston & pellet probe fitted by Paul Short. But my current love is a left hand tx200hc in 22, that i paid less for than the tuning to my 97kt.

There are lefty tx's out there, but the 97kt i have is nice.

Rob

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    No one mentioned a prosport yet? If you fancy a break barrel look at the HW98
    Pete

Mmmm...the only advice I can give to the original poster: When you get a springer and go to the club, wait about 10 minutes before getting the springer out. The compressor/PCP lot will put pellet after pellet through the same hole, get bored and go for a smoke or Digestives with tea, then fiddle with pipes and adaptors cursing the night away....Pack up before they return, otherwise you will not have use of your treasured possession when they get their hands on it - the only time they ever get to smile......

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    No one mentioned a prosport yet?
    No factory LH stock option
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by robthedog View Post
    I returned to air guns in 2016 after break since the 80's, so all the new stuff about was amazing. I tried & purchased everything, but now sold it all & got back to springers.
    Like the OP i'm left handed, & now own a 2nd hand 97kt in 22 that has been stage 3 tuned had a Ti piston & pellet probe fitted by Paul Short. But my current love is a left hand tx200hc in 22, that i paid less for than the tuning to my 97kt.

There are lefty tx's out there, but the 97kt i have is nice.

Rob
    Go for the tx200hc hard to come by in lh but worth the wait and money.Scew on a cheapo silencer, as quiet as a pcp ,the neighbours wont know and a joy to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by 22pelletpete View Post
    Go for the tx200hc hard to come by in lh but worth the wait and money.Scew on a cheapo silencer, as quiet as a pcp ,the neighbours wont know and a joy to shoot
    There are some about, check freeads, gunstar & such, got mine via freeads, for £150...

Rob

Took the plunge with a 97KT off the sales bit on here. Did a deal and it looks in good order and as if it hasn’t done a lot of work.

Should be with me Wednesday. I’ll get it stripped & cleaned first and see what it’s all about.

Then it’s tuning time.

Thanks for all the advice, it is appreciated.

Darren