Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSF Rifles what do you have?

BSF Rifles what do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Duggan View Post
    Oh and btw, if you have really beautiful girls in your Harem that set you on fire with desire. Maybe you could leave the little ugly one for the next bloke��
    Lol- nice one mate! but i will conciede that some guns that look unapealing to me fit well & shoot better than you'd expect & some i did like & wanted were terrible to use for me personally like the sharp ace (top heavy balance & not as good as an innova) or the parker hale carbine( same wrong balance for me) & usually the model looks women were like planks in bed too!
    Last edited by junglie; 20-01-2018 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin.ronnie View Post
    I have collected various BSF 's over the years inc BSF's re branded with the Wishco and Burgo brand names , I would say they are a bit like marmite you either love them or hate them, personality I love'em, i have got pictures but don't know how to load them onto this thread .

Rgds kev
    More of Kev's BSF collection pics posted here.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Thats a brilliant collection and so good to see another Venom Bavaria. Do you know if he has a S70 Continental or, a S80 in his collection? It would be great to track a few others down.

Cheers

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    My brief experience of a B55 was that it was extremely hold-sensitive and required the lightest 'cradling' to get good accuracy. I fitted it with a Maccari spring which needed alot of spacing to get full power, during this process I found that the trigger is load-dependent i.e. it gets heavier the more the spring is pre-loaded.

Therefore, if you want to shoot your BSF break-barrel with good accuracy and not too much effort, simply fit a Maccari spring and don't space it. You will get about 8 fpe and it will be pleasant and accurate.

One of the rarest BSF models is the 65. Ive only ever seen one and only heard of another for sale on a German sales forum.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Thats a brilliant collection and so good to see another Venom Bavaria. Do you know if he has a S70 Continental or, a S80 in his collection? It would be great to track a few others down.

Cheers
    There's an S80 pictured.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    There's an S80 pictured.
    You don't even like BSFs Danny!

How do you think a BSF S54 compares with a tasty Pre-War?

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    You don't even like BSFs Danny!

How do you think a BSF S54 compares with a tasty Pre-War?
    No, Alistair, the S54 is the only one that does anything for me, mainly because of the beautiful diopter sight. Even in its rugged, postwar agricultural solidness the S54 can't compare with eg. an Improved Model 'D' for sheer timeless brilliance.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery

There's an S80 pictured.
    Cheers i missed it, great to see.

aimless Guest

just some catalogue-pictures

No, Alistair, the S54 is the only one that does anything for me, mainly because of the beautiful diopter sight. Even in its rugged, postwar agricultural solidness the S54 can't compare with eg. an Improved Model 'D' for sheer timeless brilliance.
    As I expected, just needed confirmation!

That diopter is a total 'mammoth ubersplatter' isn't it? Probably weighs more than most scopes.

Some great collections here,i have just the two for now. S60 & S20

I feel real lucky to have a few BSF air rifles. Namely: A BSF S70 Continental, bulino engraved by Don Blocksidge, a BSF S80 new in the box and my favourite a BSF 55 Bavarian Venom with a lovely walnut Tyrolean stock, all of them brand new and untouched. I rarely see any BSF rifles coming up for sale. Which got me thinking:

What BSF rifles do you have in your collection?

What BSF rifle would you like to have?

They really are gorgeous and as time goes by, many readers will have never handled one before, which is such a shame.
    Also have a Venom Bavaria also engraved by Mr Blocksidge it's my pride and joy!!