Thread: Fwb 124

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Fwb 124

I’m a bit out of touch with FWB values.

I’ve had 127s but fancy a good 124.

How much do I need in the piggy bank to start looking?

A bit of wet finger to the wind but I suspect between £120 and £200 depending on condition and where you buy from. You may get lucky at an auction where no one else is really interested (was that a pig flying?). Other people may differ in prices but I think I am in the correct ballpark. My prices are for a rifle 'you expect to work as it should' with price adjustment being for largely cosmetics.
    I added this latter part because I was once caught out buying a boxed 124 that looked excellent. There was no facility to examine it more than outer looks, although the cocking cycle felt smooth. However, a home test quickly showed problems in the power plant area and a strip showed a crumbling piston seal. Now had that rifle been bought by a person not able to sort out the problem it could have been an expensive buy when you add the cost of a new seal and labour for fitting. If you can tackle such things yourself, fine but if not, it might be wise to look for a guaranteed fully working model. I hope I am not teaching granny to suck eggs!
    Good luck.
    Cheers, Phil

At least £200.00 more like it & that won't be mint, expect nice ones to ask £260 plus.

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    At least £200.00 more like it & that won't be mint, expect nice ones to ask £260 plus.
    +1 especially with 124’s

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yeah, tatty maybe £150, but anything decentish £200+

As Phil mentions, any with original piston seal have probably crumbled by now.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

One of the guys from our club just bought a really Tidy 124 for £200 from Rainford Field Sports

Fwb 124

If anyone does find a nice 124 for the prices mentioned above please put me in touch with the seller