Thread: Fwb 124

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    One of the guys from our club just bought a really Tidy 124 for £200 from Rainford Field Sports

FEB 124 tyro

It all depends on what you want to invest. I love the FEB 124. In fact I love my FWB and have invested heavily to refine my wee friend to the nth degree. All very personal choice. https://imgur.com/a/Zxi5A
    https://www.walnut.black

Fwb 127

And this 127 has had a stock tickle, vmach kit and a nice moderator fitted. Lovely old girl. Shoots sweetly and yields a huge amount of enjoyment. At a fraction of her little sister! https://imgur.com/a/qqhUJ
    https://www.walnut.black

Very nice.

I was looking to buy a year ago and searched the internet for available models in .22 (ie FWB 127), which should be similar in price to the .177. Over several months of occasional searching, I found prices were anything from nearly £400 to £450 and, from recollection, these were offered by gunsmiths. A private bargain might probably yield a better price but very few of these seem to come up.

I considered this somewhat expensive so shelved the search but would be interested at the prices your colleagues, here, have ventured.

Kind regards
    Andrew.

I expect to and would willingly pay £300 if cosmetically/structurally very good. Spring/seal etc about £40 for poor performance and I'm a happy person.
    Off to surf the net now.
    P.S. offered £350 for a good one of mine, by a gunsmith/shooter, not a minter. Refused 'cos it shoots so well.
    It's all about opportunity/individuals. One just went for £70 on line.

My most recent 127 was around 200 or a bit less at auction. V good stock, sorted trigger, some thinning of barrel bluing, though not too much, no iron sights (but I have some in the spares box) and a mediocre scope in mediocre mounts which has been replaced. 124s maybe command a 10-20% premium. Maybe.

You used to be able to pick them up for comparative peanuts. These days, you will see the guys on g* asking stupid money. But I agree with landymick on the broad price range if you take your time.

Personally, even in excellent condition, I think £250 is still a lot for a classic springer, and £300 is a very big deal. That gets you into or above the territory of almost any used HW, most used AAs, Webley Tommies and Bows and Omegas, Superstars, etc. And "new old stock" HWs, AAs, "Walthers" at auction.

So, as a Sport owner, I would love to encourage people to think that my FWBs are now worth £400-450. But they aren't. Unless they are as new in box with all the bits, or period customs.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I was looking to buy a year ago and searched the internet for available models in .22 (ie FWB 127), which should be similar in price to the .177. Over several months of occasional searching, I found prices were anything from nearly £400 to £450 and, from recollection, these were offered by gunsmiths. A private bargain might probably yield a better price but very few of these seem to come up.

I considered this somewhat expensive so shelved the search but would be interested at the prices your colleagues, here, have ventured.

Kind regards
    Andrew.
    Woodys of Wembley have a 127 for £245

http://www.woodysofwembley.co.uk/por...bau-sport-127/

And there are a few on sale at the moment on
    Popular gun websites for similar price. 124’s are much rarer and seem to go for more.

Thanks chaps.
    I will put aside £300.

I bought a 124 18 months ago and with the work I've had done to it, it stands me at well over £450. If I sold it I know I wouldn't recoup the money spent but at the moment it's a keeper.

lovely guns the 124

The 124 was the rifle to own,and only the posh had one, the rest of us had a meteor if you was lucky. I always said I would have one and I did . And 30 or so years later .... it is still the dogs dangley Bits.. I do agree that the hw 95 is about the closest I have shot to the fwb...apart from the Original 45..would I get rid..... not a chance .as for price ..well I was offered £350 .

Talking

Ive got a .177 FWB 124, it was a sleeper from a collection I picked up. The piston seal crumbled on the first shot. I then had it serviced and a new seal fitted. I've fired a few shots and its lovely. Its now though oiled and boxed away, kept nice and tidy for the next bloke....Or, until I have a sudden need to use it. As for value I wouldn't sell it for £500 scoped up with a new Kasnar, as I couldn't get a better one. But i'm sure that there are good ones out there for less money.

Fwb

A few years ago i managed to buy both 124 & 127 mk2's. The 124 is in excellent original condition, it came with a Kassnar period 3-9x40 wa (tv screen), 2 pc mounts, canvass bag, sling & a couple of tins of pellets.
    The 127 is Venom tuned (basic tune) sticker in place on Slimtech, good used condition with a few light marks, this one came with a Tasco 1.75-5x40, 1 pc mount, sling & bag. Lovely and smooth to shoot. Both are circa 1981.

124 was £300 127 was £350 hope this helps. Tony