Thread: Air arms FTP 900 fill pressures

Air arms FTP 900 fill pressures

Hi all, I’m new to the world of HFT/FT shooting, brought a new air arms FTP900 but I’m slightly confused with the fill pressures, the hand book states 90-110 bar but the rifle cyclinder states 220 bar fill, being fully regulated what you any FTP owners fill there’s to for a comp?
    Cheers

Hello and welcome to the BBS.

I don't own an FTP, but I assume the 90-110bar you mention is most likely the point at which you'd want to refill the gun.

The recommended filling pressure of the FTP-900 is 200 bar (2900 psi) this will return the
    best performance. It is acceptable to increase this to 220 bar (3190 psi) for general practise, the
    overall shot to shot spread on the charge will rise slightly but you will benefit from extra shots.
    That is fill pressure ^^^^.

Although every gun is slightly different the recommended refill pressure for the FTP900
    is between 100Bar (1450psi) and 110Bar (1595psi).
    So as I assumed above - that ^^^^ is the point where you'd normally stop and refill the gun.

Quotes from here: https://www.air-arms.co.uk/wp-conten...P-900_ISS2.pdf

And I believe you should get upto around 100 shots out of a fill. 1 bar per shot isn't a bad 'rule of thumb'.

HTH
    Last edited by Rickenbacker; 15-01-2018 at 11:47 AM.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

I don't own an FTP, but I assume the 90-110bar you mention is most likely the point at which you'd want to refill the gun.

So as I assumed above - that ^^^^ is the point where you'd normally stop and refill the gun.

And I believe you should get upto around 100 shots out of a fill. 1 bar per shot isn't a bad 'rule of thumb'.

HTH
    I've owned one but this saved me a lot of typing

Spot on, take this as gospel.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thanks for the information, question answered 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post

HTH
    I have just bought a new FTP900 and the printed wording regarding the refill advice is still as confusing now as it was when you wrote this reply - so I appreciate your interpretation - I would have got there in the end - but now I don't have to !

Bob.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.