Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: You clever Rat you

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid7Nick View Post
    A bit pricey though. Have you looked at the Co2 rat traps. Good Nature A24 they are called. Some of the reviews are good and some not so good. Although the clips on YouTube look good.
    Hi Rapid7Nick thanks for the info, I have there bait and using it. Not much different to the big cheese bait, but they dont ignore it which is something.The traps look good but as you say the reviews arent that good, cheapest is £86 online. If it worked I'd buy one in a heartbeat as in principle they seem good. I just dont think rats climb up this type of tube, theyve got too much intelligence to do it for the reward gained .

Two good ideas Bonzo thank you also. I'll try the bottle top, if the melted chocolate is not enough to entice them. The pressure trap idea is good also, Ive put mine in a metal cage that they enter from either end, these are made by northern lads who used to work for B. Steel and the car industry, so happy to support them, but no go so far with it. Ive tonight blocked one end and put the bait the other side of the pressure trap so if they want it they have to go over it. My feeling is theyll either jump it or climb on the roof - Mission impossible stylee to get to it,but will see tomorrow.

But I think that cap definitely seems to have mileage.

Great tips guys many thanks. hopefully itll help others too.

secretagentmole Guest
    Just by some T Rex traps, can only be set off from the sides or fronts, end of ratty!

There's plenty of rat trap videos on youtube. I'd have a bit of fun making different ones and seeing which was most effective. You'll have a great semse of achievement when you catch a rat in a trap that you made yourself.
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

I'm now catching a lot of mice on peanut butter which is to be expected, but not one rat is touching it at the mo. Its almost as if they let the mouse get trapped and eat afterwards. I had expected the to luncheon on the dead mice but they leave them and go over them to eat the remains of the food.

Eventually the mice will disappear but its annoying how the rats just sit there and either watch the mice get caught or sit within the arch of the trap and not get caught even if it were to go off.

Got more traps coming of different variety hopefully it may catch them more regularly.

Ive got 8 traps down in about 1 1/2 yards in the hope of statistically catching at least one rat, buy the end of this I'll have enough mice to make a sleeping bag, and I dont mind the mice so much, its the rats I cant tolerate.

I'll try the plastic bottle top idea to see if the fat rats think thats worth looking at but theyll have to go soon.

i forgot i had seen this on youtube ( not the actual one as it shows dead stuff )

http://www.vintagetraps.co.uk/shop/v...hoker-lucifer/
    It has metal wire nooses through the holes . And string that holds the spring down. you put the bait in and they have to cut/nibble the string to get to the bait . they nibble the string and and the noose flys up and executes them.

search youtube for 427 Year Old Style Spring Mouse Trap In Action or lucifer trap.

You could make one to suit Rats id Guess
    Last edited by bighit; 19-01-2018 at 12:34 AM.