Quote Originally Posted by Rapid7Nick View Post
A bit pricey though. Have you looked at the Co2 rat traps. Good Nature A24 they are called. Some of the reviews are good and some not so good. Although the clips on YouTube look good.
Hi Rapid7Nick thanks for the info, I have there bait and using it. Not much different to the big cheese bait, but they dont ignore it which is something.The traps look good but as you say the reviews arent that good, cheapest is £86 online. If it worked I'd buy one in a heartbeat as in principle they seem good. I just dont think rats climb up this type of tube, theyve got too much intelligence to do it for the reward gained .

Two good ideas Bonzo thank you also. I'll try the bottle top, if the melted chocolate is not enough to entice them. The pressure trap idea is good also, Ive put mine in a metal cage that they enter from either end, these are made by northern lads who used to work for B. Steel and the car industry, so happy to support them, but no go so far with it. Ive tonight blocked one end and put the bait the other side of the pressure trap so if they want it they have to go over it. My feeling is theyll either jump it or climb on the roof - Mission impossible stylee to get to it,but will see tomorrow.

But I think that cap definitely seems to have mileage.

Great tips guys many thanks. hopefully itll help others too.