Thread: Walther CG90 - cylinder problem

Question Walther CG90 - cylinder problem

Chaps,
    I have a bit of a weird problem with my old Walther CG90 which has been sat in the back of a cupboard for a while. I was just wondering if anyone had had this problem too, or had any ideas on what might be happening...
    When I am unscrewing the cylinder from the gun using the mighty long cylinder wrench, after a few turns, the cylinder pops and there is a bit of a bump up through the spanner and a little CO2 is released. It's a bit disconcerting!
    I was thinking that it was something like the threads on the cylinder or the receiver having worn out to the extent that the thread no longer grips and releases the cylinder early whilst there is still some CO2 pressure present. Does that sound possible?
    I'm looking to bring it back into active service, so are looking to give it the once over, so want to resolve this issue. Does anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks in advance,
    DT

I have a few CG90s in my collection and a CGM. They all make a small 'pop' when releasing the cylinder as it is under pressure. It's nothing to worry about.
    The thread size on the valve and cylinder is massive, so there shouldn't be a problem with that, just check by looking into the cylinder and making sure it looks and feels ok, with no signs of cross threading.