Thread: HFT Targets

HFT Targets

Is there any restrictions on knock down target shapes or sizes apart from the amount of metal around the kill zone, and do they have to be a plain colour all over

Targets

I suppose it depends on whose rules you are shooting to, but UKAHFT rules are here:

https://www.sites.google.com/site/ukahft/2017-format

I don't think there is any rule on plate size/shape/outline (seen some crazy ones) I believe the face and kill have to be plain coloured (most are yellow & black).

As it says on the website "IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT ABOUT ANYTHING ALWAYS CONSULT UKAHFT"

Hope that helps
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Targets

To UKHFT rules the kill zone size is range dependent and there has to be metal around it (10mm I think but check the rules).

I don't think there are any restrictions on plate shape or size and at HRPC we use a mixture of the traditional animal/bird profiles and some more interesting ones (dragons, tanks, wild boars etc.).

Check out Flopover Targets, good range, good price, excellent service and superb quality.

Cheers

Terry
    Always make the best of things, it can only get worse if you don't.

HFT Targets

Quote Originally Posted by Gisaname View Post
    To UKHFT rules the kill zone size is range dependent and there has to be metal around it (10mm I think but check the rules).

I don't think there are any restrictions on plate shape or size and at HRPC we use a mixture of the traditional animal/bird profiles and some more interesting ones (dragons, tanks, wild boars etc.).

Check out Flopover Targets, good range, good price, excellent service and superb quality.

Cheers

Terry
    Cheers Terry, where i shoot we have pretty basic knockover targets and i was thinking of breaking them up a bit by not having the face plate one colour all over, cheers Nigel

Hmff

..you are welcome
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

Tactical

I read an article in one of the magazines once about "tactical HFT" where the face plate and kill are all one colour. It something we've been thinking of trying out.

Chernobyl

Quote Originally Posted by majic1400 View Post
    Cheers Terry, where i shoot we have pretty basic knockover targets and i was thinking of breaking them up a bit by not having the face plate one colour all over, cheers Nigel
    we have one weird rat target, strange size, kill right up on the spine and overall painted up in the most toxic colours we can find. people curse it as its a beggar to range find, and we keep moving it around, but its always one of the more popular targets and people do ask if Chernobyl Rat is on the course.

I think basically do what we do. Keep it sensible but at the same time make it fun.