Thread: Case Trimmer Recommendations?

Case Trimmer Recommendations?

I'm looking for a bench mounted upgrade to my current case trimmer, which is the Lee one which attaches to the press. Never really liked it so fancy a change to a stand-alone unit.

I've been looking at the Hornady Cam Lock trimmer & the Lyman Universal trimmer, both fairly similar in operation & price. The Hornady does look slightly better to me but I'm put off by reports that it only accepts Hornady shell holders (not sure if this is true).

Anyway, if anyone has opinions on either of the two above or recommends something totally different your input is much appreciated!

Cheers
    Greg

Charlts is offline I'm not the Messiah, I'm King of the Creedbros!
    Leicester, Wigston, 171.27 miles North of Calais!
    I have a Lyman one which I no longer use since buying a Forster and getting the 3in1 attachments so trimming, chamfering and deburring is done as one. Saves so much time and I can do it infront of the telly.
    The toxicity of lead varies, depending upon the weight of its doseage and its velocity!

I use a Gracey, 110v (easily changeable to 240v if needs be) and it is quick as a quick thing dipped in lube once it is set up.

I use it for the large quantities I'm loading, the smaller quantities go on the Lyman bench trimmer as it is easier to set up albeit a bit slower and more of a pain in use.
    Good deals with: Muskett, Dreben, roger.kerry, TALL, Helidave1, Chelseablue, Leeroy7031, Mousemann, pnuk, Practical, NEWFI, HOOGS, Webb22, lazybones1416 and deanw5262 among others. Thanks Guys.

Can't beat a Sinclair or wilson IMO.....bomb proof and accurate / repeatable
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlts View Post
    I have a Lyman one which I no longer use since buying a Forster and getting the 3in1 attachments so trimming, chamfering and deburring is done as one. Saves so much time and I can do it infront of the telly.
    Superb bit of kit, I have 3 in 1 heads for 5.56 and 30 cal. Not cheap but excellent results.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

l e wilson are a very nice bit of kit.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I've got a few to look at now!

Cheers
    Greg