Thread: Night vision self build

Night vision self build

Hi guys . I am clueless when it comes to night vision but I do enjoy building things and I have seen a few examples of home grown night vision. So - the question is - what is the best way to build a NV set up? What parts will I need and what are the best parts to get to put it all together?? Sounds like a fun video / build to me.....
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Sony tvl 700 camera 16mm
    Housing for camera (pipe)
    Hose to fit over pipe and ocular of scope
    Decent monitor/screen 3.2-5 inch
    Battery pack
    No wires left unsoldered
    Jack option to record, and if so something like a angel eye mini dv recorder
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

join the night vision forum neil and there is loads of builds on it . Jax13 has built a few so you could ask him.

It all depends on what you want to use it for . There is add on ones that use a small camera on the end of the scope and a monitor to ones that have been built into and old scope with a tiny screen that you use like a scope and not like the monitor type.

Sure 24 has a few starter parts like this https://www.sure24.co.uk/solutions/night-vision

there was a guy on Eblag doing 3d printed camera housings to use instead of the Nite-tek ones. I can't see them on there just now. i bought one but its at my mates house .

Also have a look on youtube thats where i got all my info from for my build.

Thanks chaps
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    Hi guys . I am clueless when it comes to night vision but I do enjoy building things and I have seen a few examples of home grown night vision. So - the question is - what is the best way to build a NV set up? What parts will I need and what are the best parts to get to put it all together?? Sounds like a fun video / build to me.....

How did you get on? I built an IR set up for £70 buying bits from Amazon and a few years ago that is still working so has stood the test of time. I could try and dig out the parts list and post it up with some instructions if it would be of interest? It switches to colour during the day so you don't need to remove it from the scope too.