Thread: Exemplary Service.

secretagentmole Guest

Exemplary Service.

My last night vision outing revealed some nasty shortfalls in the equipment stakes.

1) The cheap Halfords folding chair sank quicker than the Lusitania despite us making wooden pads for the feet.
    2) Whilst sat in the chair prior to submergence, you could shoot fine to the right, great coverage, but due to being right handed the sweep on the left was greatly reduced.
    3) When not scanning there was nowhere to rest the gun due to the ground having the consistency of stiff custard.
    4) Getting from vehicle to shooting position meant carrying gun case, night vision case, bag of things like flask and hypo recovery items and the chair. Getting off meant carrying all the aforementioned and a bag of bunnies too.

Wouldn't life be easier if I could have a seat that carried the flask and hypo stop stuff and night vision. Something like a dirty great plasterer's bucket, even better one with a swivel top. Then if I had a pair of shooting sticks greater stability in firing position and somewhere to put the gun whilst I had a hot drink. hmmm.

Scanning the web brought up bucket seats, several about, one of the cheapest was not so far from me, hmmm. Emailed them, nope cannot collect from them. They do have a flea bay store, an Amazon store and their own web site too.

OK, so careful perusal revealed that they also did shooting sticks as well as monopods, all from the same accessory make, Nighthawk!
    Hello Nighthawk, this is

London calling.....

A camo mesh balaclava with leaves, under £4, bucket seat, camo cloth covered with spinning seat lid under £15, shooting sticks under £9, monopod under £6.

All ordered late Monday night by the other half using fleabay. Order was picked Tuesday and they sent a tracking number, one that was precisely 2 digits too short for UK Mail! Emailed them, another number obtained, now she thought she had paid the extra for express delivery. Not according to them, snotty email fired off back to them asking wtf. Further investigation showed that the price for delivery of the sticks and bucket was roughly the same as express delivery. Oh well, write that down to experience then.

Today she got a text from a number advising her that the delivery was being made between 12:30 and 1:30pm.

What delivery? Tracking on the UK Mail website showed delivery down for Thursday but that the driver was 64 stops away from delivering to us. Confused.com!

The morning ticked by and the delivery number got lower, at 12:32pm a UK Mail van pulled up and unloaded a cylindrical object and a long thin parcel. Signed for and wrapping torn off, lo and behold a bucket, shooting stick, monopod and balaclava.

All at prices that would delight a miser! Quality appears to be very good, certainly no complaints as to the bucket, the shooting sticks are light, easy to set up and will help in the waiting between shots. Happy Mole.

The name of the shop is Outdoor Value!

https://www.outdoorvalue.co.uk/

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Have you thought about a wheelchair with off-road wheels and a golf caddy on the back?
    Good deals with these members

Just thought, I've got a couple of things to convert a plastic fishing tackle box in to a back pack, a breakaway frame & a shakespere soft carrier both would work as dry shooting seat-boxes as well as fishing tackle.

Double cab Isuzu T35 Artic with an idleback chair and an extension cord for the portable electric kettle and the heated shiatsu roller massage chair pad. 360 degree line of fire (well almost) and T35 tyres wont be sinking in anywhere. They are so big they positively float
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill