Thread: Hw piston seals

Hw piston seals

Hi i just picked up a early hw77 in 22 cal and just been cheking inside the action as it was shooting close to the limit. One thing it's going to need is a bloody good cleaning along with some fresh lube, However the piston seal looks quite old and I would like to replace that aswell,
    Really wanting to ask about the green piston seals on that auction site, Less than a £10 posted from Australia and thinking while I'm at it I could get one for my old hw50, So are they any good, Would have thought they would take a while to come back but I'm really not in no rush ,

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Hi i just picked up a early hw77 in 22 cal and just been cheking inside the action as it was shooting close to the limit. One thing it's going to need is a bloody good cleaning along with some fresh lube, However the piston seal looks quite old and I would like to replace that aswell,
    Really wanting to ask about the green piston seals on that auction site, Less than a £10 posted from Australia and thinking while I'm at it I could get one for my old hw50, So are they any good, Would have thought they would take a while to come back but I'm really not in no rush ,
    My advice would be go with the standard replacement HW seal.
    B.A.S.C. member

hw77 piston seals

Hi, there is not much wrong with the original weihrauch piston seals, But they are very hard and stiff. I have used and fitted my HW98, HW97, And Hatsan springer with breach seals and piston seals from; customairseals.com or google customairseals , you will find them. They are similar price to HW seals, but more like the VMAC/ impregnated with molyebium [spelt wrong ] I have found them to be superior, good price, and 4-5 days delivery. Hope this helps.

.....and if it's an early HW77, make sure you get a 25mm seal, not a 26mm one

Dunk
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times, to spit on his hands, raise the black flag & start slitting throats"

Thanks for the replys, The gun now is all back together , Only temp, Just don't want to get the parts mixed up with other bits I have, I have changed the spring to a round coil spring and it's quite a few coils shorter than the square section spring that was in it more so yo reduce the power, I will put through the skan tomorrow and at a later date degrease gun then lube and if it's between 10 and 12 ftlbs I will leave seal on it, Bought the gun as it was a full length 22 mid 80s as I have a 77k in 177 from the same time, Thanks for the advice anyway

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    They appear well.made but haven't fitted one yet.
    You'll pay more than.sale price by time mr tax man has his import duty.though....

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    They appear well.made but haven't fitted one yet.
    You'll pay more than.sale price by time mr tax man has his import duty.though....
    Glad you reminded me that , And again from the same country, Bought 2 items which were under the aparrently £15 allowance but without going into a very long story i still got charged for the checking of the parcels,

Well one thing i ain't gonna need one for the 77 even tho the seal looks old and putting a smaller main spring back in and just wiping the grease off the piston the power shot up quite a bit , For now the spring as been removed again and left, When I get time it's gonna be a a full strip and clean , polish and re lube ,No doubt im gonna have to cut that spring,

Both cases tho with 2 different springs the variance does not exceed 3 ftps, Its a lovely smooth action and i dont think it's been apart much in it's life, None of the pins have any noticeable nasty marks and the trigger pins can be more or less pushed in by hand,

You can however notice the difference in front weight being a full length compared to my k version, Just shows what a few more inches can do,

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    The walther LGV seal also works very well in these 25mm guns - straight fit
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    My advice would be go with the standard replacement HW seal.
    I agree. I tried the red concave seal. It was good at first, but then started to loose power. It did wear out it seem. Not shure if it was my gun or what. I just put back the original, and it’s shooting fine again.

I have the Aussie ones in a number of my guns, first was a TX200 about three years ago and it's still spot on. Only issue I've had is sizing some of them.

Ok , thanks for all the reply's