Thread: Weihrauch Moderator Purchase....Confused

Eyefor is offline The Artist Formerly Known as Maple

Weihrauch Moderator Purchase....Confused

Help / advice please.

I just tried to buy a Weihrauch .22 1/2" unf air rifle moderator from an online shop - and they wanted to add £35 for RFD delivery.

It's a non-FAC part so why the charge?

I do have an FAC and have several moderators plus I have a spare slot for a ".22 moderator" but I'm not going to use that for a non-FAC one! Moderators are sold on here regularly and (AFAIK) simply posted?

Confused....

(Separately, if anyone has one for sale and would post it, the problem is solved?).

Thanks.
    Last edited by Eyefor; 17-01-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    If it flies, floats or fornicates, always rent it - it's cheaper in the long run. - Felix Dennis

VCR act, I'm afraid, from a UK RFD they can only be bought face to face, s/h or new - private sales are another matter

Moderators can only be sent rfd , strange but that's how it works I'm afraid

An individual to individual sale of moderators and air rifle components is okay, but under the VCR act, an RFD can't post such items, they can only be transferred to an RFD local to you for collection. It's pretty maddening when you consider you could get these parts posted from Germany with no problem
    Regarding the moderator, I'd try a wanted ad' in the appropriate section of sales here.

Why not go to your local dealer and buy one over the counter,i have never had any issues.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

Eyefor is offline The Artist Formerly Known as Maple
    Thanks for the replies.

Ad now placed in the "Wanted" section (was considering another ad saying "Wanted. Logic in UK Firearms Laws" - but I've fought enough battles this week already - Vodafone, Tesco, HSBC, & Local Rates department. Think I'll lay down in a darkened room now).
    If it flies, floats or fornicates, always rent it - it's cheaper in the long run. - Felix Dennis

And for us up here in scotland you can't buy one unless you have an airgun license even if you are stood in the RFD

Are component parts of an air weapon covered?
    Yes, you will need a certificate to own or acquire individual components of an air weapon. This generally means parts which are required to fire the gun. Accessories like sights or stands do not need a certificate.

Are sound moderators (silencers) covered?
    Yes, you will need a licence to own or acquire a sound moderator for an air weapon.

So think yourselves lucky that you only need to get them sent to an RFD

And no i did not vote for the SNP before any one tries that line

Picked up a few bits over the years from two local RFD's. Never paid a handling charge yet or the sender putting on additional cost, they just handed over the package. Although I am a regular customer in both shops.
    Last edited by Rapid7Nick; 17-01-2018 at 06:22 PM.

Exactly the sort of reason to shop at your local RFD rather than buy everything on line just to save a couple of quid.

Other option is Sportswaffen Schneider in Germany who'll post direct to your door.