Thread: Webley Horseshoe Target Holder

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Mick & Dave Thankyou both and apologies to Dave as he had already included some info on another thread and me being me I forgot
    Will need to find a suitable modern target to fit it otherwise there are three choices, shoot at original vintage targets(which isn’t going to happen) Don’t actually use it(the idea is to have a usable one) or change the dimensions of the horseshoe slightly to fit the nearest available modern day target.
    As an aside Mick have you ever done any threads on the museum related parts you have made? Sounds very interesting.
    Atb Phil
    Quote Originally Posted by pjbingham View Post
    Ps. How well would an aluminium ‘horseshoe’ stand up to a large number of pellet strikes over time I wonder?
    If you could find an original target card, you could simply scan and print them onto light card, so having an endless supply of them, Phil.
    If you can't find an original target card, you could draw a master from Dave's dimensions and simply scan and print an endless supply off from that.

I think an aluminium horseshoe 1/4" - 5/16" thick should last long enough for occasional use --- I thought the idea is to hit the target card though.

The small privately owned museum I work for is dedicated to Harry Ferguson, so probably not of great interest to members.
    Another problem is that I've never photographed anything I've ever made for them, they just bring me a photograph of something and I reproduce it.
    The most interesting thing I've done for the museum is repair a completely destroyed Ferguson T20 tractor seat.
    When the seat was brought to me, I pointed out that new reproduction seats were available for just £25 so why bother mending the old one --- they replied that Winston Churchill wouldn't have sat on a new one.
    The seat they had was from one of Winston Churchill's Fergusons, it turns out that Harry Ferguson and Winston Churchill were good friends.

image.jpeg

Churchill seated with Ferguson to his right.
    Last edited by T 20; 18-01-2018 at 08:29 AM.