Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Please re FWB 127 Sport incl front and rear sights

Quote Originally Posted by landymick View Post
    Specific FWB mount has a cross pin fitted.The Sport has cross cut groves instead of an arrestor hole on the rail.
    You can, of course, tap the roll pin out on a FWB Apel o/p mount and use it on a 11mm HW.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

The cross pin works on the FWB Sport and Webley Omega; well the Apel do. They are a good bit rarer than the drop pin HW ones. As the Apel Mounts do not have the best grip from the one clamp then the arrestor pin is quite important.

I wouldn't waste a cross pin on a HW35

I'm looking for another cross pin Apel example. I don't think the mounts discussed is an Apel though as they don't have a split pin.

The couple of sets of o/p Apel FWB/Webley that I own do have split cross pins.

FWB Mounts and Sights

This is a most interesting discussion and thank you, all, for the further input.

It is remarkable that such a fine rifle should have manufactured plastic sights. However, I presume that of the two photos I.J. kindly posted, the sights extending to 5 (presumably 50m) are for the 124 and those marked 4 (40m) are for the 127.

I was also interested to discover there were two different foresights.

Regarding the telescopic mounts, I had noticed the cross-grooves. I did not understand the technical references, here, to cross-pins and Apel sights. How exactly is the scope prevented from recoil creep? Is there a recoil stud or some such? How do the cross-grooves assist in this?

It sounds as if special mounts are required for this rifle - another complication it seems.

Rgds to all
    Andrew.

There is actually three different front sights fitted to various models of sports! The very early mk1 124 (.177) used the slide over barrel sight held on with a cross pin, this was taken from the fwb150 target rifle as the early 124 sport used the same barrel as the 150! The second type was again on the mk1 and was held on via dove tail fitment, tbe sides were quite flat on the sight and this was fitted to 124 & 127 mk1 models! The third variant was also fitted via dovetail and the sides were curved, this sight had a rubber block between the dovetail fitment! And as already stated the rear sight was specific to each model 124 markings on elevation were different to 127 elevation markings! Hope this helps

Well, having uploaded some images onto Imgur, here goes:

https://i.imgur.com/A64RBRc.jpg

Last edited by CapitalBee; 19-01-2018 at 07:55 AM.

Rhino mount?

Hw used to market the rhino mounts as their own. You’ll probably come across the advertisement on google

Quote Originally Posted by Simmo View Post
    There is actually three different front sights fitted to various models of sports! The very early mk1 124 (.177) used the slide over barrel sight held on with a cross pin, this was taken from the fwb150 target rifle as the early 124 sport used the same barrel as the 150! The second type was again on the mk1 and was held on via dove tail fitment, tbe sides were quite flat on the sight and this was fitted to 124 & 127 mk1 models! The third variant was also fitted via dovetail and the sides were curved, this sight had a rubber block between the dovetail fitment! And as already stated the rear sight was specific to each model 124 markings on elevation were different to 127 elevation markings! Hope this helps
    That's right there are 3 types of for sight, where I disagree is that the very early MK1 sport had the same dovetail for sight as the 121.This was before the 121 changed to the FWB Sport Standard & the Deluxe mod had the hard plastic but pad.Soon after the MK1 like you say got the wrap around cross screw fitting.