Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Northern Arms Gold Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Er, no.

Just for clarification, the competition rifle as shown in the magazine in 1987 is the one that Bruce Gill broke, this gun had a walnut thumb hole stock with inlay work, this stock was sold on here by Bruce to roll27.

We need to search through Bruce's sales posts to trace the action, it could be that Geezer's action is from the competition gun but is now wearing a different stock.

I shall carry out a search in the morning to try to clarify things.

If I can find a picture of the competition gun from 1987 I'll post a picture of it.
    stock
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=sierra+gold

another post http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=sierra+gold

from the above post

Many thanks mate! Received. It's not the same gun unfortunately, though I didn't think it would be. But the pictures given me more info on the Northern Arms Gold Seara than I had, so thank you, a great help!

Much appreciated
    Cheers
    Bruce

when bruce bought it

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....=northern+arms

when simmo bought it
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ms#post4672647
    Last edited by bighit; 19-01-2018 at 12:13 AM.

The rifle that Bruce had is NOT the competition rifle. I owned it for a while. It was Stage 1 Venom tuned and although it felt rather "slammy" to shoot, it was the least fussy and easiest to shoot accurately HW77 that I have ever shot.
    Sold it Back to Bruce alone with a collection of other rifles.....
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Cheers. My rifle was bought in the period 1996-1999.
    Cheers for that, Geezer.

That pretty much confirms your gun as being the real deal, it also adds a little to my knowledge as I didn't know the guns were engraved as Gold Seirras.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    stock
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=sierra+gold

another post http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ht=sierra+gold

from the above post

Many thanks mate! Received. It's not the same gun unfortunately, though I didn't think it would be. But the pictures given me more info on the Northern Arms Gold Seara than I had, so thank you, a great help!

Much appreciated
    Cheers
    Bruce

when bruce bought it

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....=northern+arms

when simmo bought it
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ms#post4672647
    Bugger, being off work for five months I was looking forward to doing an in depth search on the Seirra that Bruce broke.

Bloody well done on tracking it all down so comprehensively though, Bighit.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    The rifle that Bruce had is NOT the competition rifle. I owned it for a while. It was Stage 1 Venom tuned and although it felt rather "slammy" to shoot, it was the least fussy and easiest to shoot accurately HW77 that I have ever shot.
    Sold it Back to Bruce alone with a collection of other rifles.....
    Cheers for that Graham.

I'd always laboured under the impression that the gun Bruce broke was the competition rifle so I'm more than happy to be proved wrong on this as it means that one the Holy Grails of boingers is still out there waiting to come to light --- We will carry on with our search :-

image.jpg

Due to the useful information gained on this thread, I'll move it to the collectors section when it slows down.

All the best kick

Think Bruce's gun was the silver sierra, but It had the gold eagle in stock.. ,)

I have searched his post and see he reblacked an early hw77 action. Just wonder if it was the northern arms one! 😊

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Bugger, being off work for five months I was looking forward to doing an in depth search on the Seirra that Bruce broke.

Bloody well done on tracking it all down so comprehensively though, Bighit.

image.jpg

Due to the useful information gained on this thread, I'll move it to the collectors section when it slows down.

All the best kick
    Sorry Mick. I could not sleep last night . Youtube was pants too so i delved in and found the above .

No mention of the action being sold unless i missed it?

would any one know the serial number of the rifle and possibly see if its on any of the databases of HW serial numbers?

I hope you do find out where it ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by prosport.177 View Post
    Think Bruce's gun was the silver sierra, but It had the gold eagle in stock.. ,)

I have searched his post and see he reblacked an early hw77 action. Just wonder if it was the northern arms one! 😊
    It would be a bit of a job blacking a gun that had previously been plated, Charlie.

The plated parts would need to have the plating removed by electrolysis or the blacking wouldn't take, so it would probably have been cheaper for Bruce to buy another bare action to have blacked.

All the best Mick

Cheers Mick .)

I have a gold Sierra in .22 been lazaglided by venom.

Keep thinking about having it restored but would take out the venom internals and replace with 25mm internals.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I have a gold Sierra in .22 been lazaglided by venom.

Keep thinking about having it restored but would take out the venom internals and replace with 25mm internals.

Matt
    Sacrilege!!!

Leave well alone and enjoy
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

It's nice to see so much info coming to light. Moving this thread to collectors is a great idea.
    Andrew (the maker of these rifles is joining the Bbs soon so even more info will become available.

Northern arms competion gun

Quote Originally Posted by Murl View Post
    It's nice to see so much info coming to light. Moving this thread to collectors is a great idea.
    Andrew (the maker of these rifles is joining the Bbs soon so even more info will become available.

Hi to all on here and hope i am using this thread correctley, I am Andrew Presley of Northern Arms Company, my father started the business in the early 70s. we were primary shotguns but as the field target shooting started taking off we got into the custom airguns as a competitor to Venom who were then the leaders in custom guns and produced a supberb gun.

We started and named our guns Sierras, the basic model was highly turned for smoothness but externally was pretty much a standard looking Weirauch with a custom stock, then are next grade was the silver which we had a slightly better qulaity stock and we nickel plated the underlever, back block and trigger guard.

Then came the Gold Sierra where we did excactly the same but gold plated the said items and had a better quality stock on that as well.

After that we made a number of one offs to customer specs, basically anybody could have what they wanted. The competition gun cost a damm site more than the £500.00 quoted on the cover of the airgunner magazine. it would be nice if I could track this gun down and would love to own her again. any help finding her will be greatley appreciated and many thanks to Murl already for his effort in trying to find it for me.

Any help i can be for anyone, i`ll try my best as we didnt keep records so if its drifted out of my head then sorry

Andy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/OqBk8

I can't help, but here's mine. Any info about it, or about the Northern Arms custom 77s gratefully received.
    I hope it brings you lots of joy, I know they did for me.

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Kongsmoen View Post
    I hope it brings you lots of joy, I know they did for me.

Andy
    Thanks, Andy. It is a rather special thing.

B.A.R. had something in very similar recently. Gold end block with other gold plated parts plus an Eagle (?) on the stock. I was told it had been a prize in one of the airgun magazines.

HTH
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi all, I did indeed buy the stock from Bruce and then quite a time later, over a year Bruce kindly sold me the action, so I still have it and its as the pictures in Bruce's original post.
    One of my favourite rifles and one of the highlights of the collection, cheers Roll