Thread: Daystate mk3/mk4 legacy not continued why

Daystate mk3/mk4 legacy not continued why

Why did daystate not continue the mk3/mk4 design that gave them so much success I just loved my mk3 then I went to springers for many years now returning to a secondhand mk4 that I’m really happy with just wondering why not continue them like they did the air ranger

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    All will be revealed very shortly - posted on DOC by Simon Cockayne - it appears the latest new generation is about to be launched:

No idea what it is, but an electronic Wolverine has to be an option??

As for why rifles get replaced - it's simple really - everybody wants the latest version - who wants an old phone/car/B&W movie? It's actually us who chime the bell for old models with flagging sales

James
    Last edited by Jesim1; 18-01-2018 at 03:46 AM.
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Can't wait to see what it is i wish it was a Springer can't see that happening but not long now to find out anyone else have any ideas they would like to see a company make

Daystate mk3/mk4 legacy not continued why

Quote Originally Posted by airgun View Post
    Why did daystate not continue the mk3/mk4 design that gave them so much success I just loved my mk3 then I went to springers for many years now returning to a secondhand mk4 that I’m really happy with just wondering why not continue them like they did the air ranger
    My guess is they were too expensive to make-ie less profit for daystate. I found the mk 3 better made than the mk 4 & my merlyn better made than more recent daystates I've handled. Lots of cost cutting going on , my pet hate is skinny short barrels hidden by cheap shrouds that aren't even aligned precisly.I've seen this on my merlyn(a 2003 regged model) & on an AA510, when you fit a long silencer like the hw you get clipping & inaccuracy.Cured mine by shortning the shroud from the breech end. Earlier models had solid longer barrels , remember barrel blanks are sold by lenth, my guess is they are getting 2 barrels from each blank now the cheeky fekkers!

If not a new breed at the very least a different color.

Marketing tosh. In the end it is nothing but a knock off valve releasing high pressure air to drive a pellet @ 11 ft.lbs of ME. I am beginning to think that they must be getting desperate to generate new sales and hence all the hype.

A.G

"Airwolf" (MCT) style electronics in a Wolverine based gun? It could make a VERY good gun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    All will be revealed very shortly - posted on DOC by Simon Cockayne - it appears the latest new generation is about to be launched:

No idea what it is, but an electronic Wolverine has to be an option??

As for why rifles get replaced - it's simple really - everybody wants the latest version - who wants an old phone/car/B&W movie? It's actually us who chime the bell for old models with flagging sales

James
    I’m waiting for news on this. Holding off buying a sub 12 fpe till I hear. If it’s a Wolverine E of sorts I might be spending. Will go nicely with my FAC Pulsar. I guess we will find out in 3 ish days and then hopefully get to see it in real life at the Great British Shooting Show which I can’t wait to get to.

Quote Originally Posted by F113tch View Post
    "Airwolf" (MCT) style electronics in a Wolverine based gun? It could make a VERY good gun!
    My thinking too

New teaser video on Daystate website about what’s coming.