Thread: Wolverine b Vs Weihrarch 100ks

muzzie is offline Wants something a little...special

Wolverine b Vs Weihrarch 100ks

Hi
    Been offered a swap.. both 177.. which is the better rifle.
    Both standard out of the box.
    Cheers
    Muzzie
    This is the crisis I knew had to come, Distroying the balance Id kept.
    Turning around to the next set of lives, Wondering what will come next .

Both good hunting rifles but slightly different, neither is “best” all depends on personal preference. Hw100 has a better magazine system in always. Easier to load, holds more pellets, locked in place, can’t load more than one at a time, cheap to replace. The daystate has a better shot count. The handling of the rifles are different and that’s what would be the main thing for me

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Quote Originally Posted by ian321 View Post
    Both good hunting rifles but slightly different, neither is “best” all depends on personal preference. Hw100 has a better magazine system in always. Easier to load, holds more pellets, locked in place, can’t load more than one at a time, cheap to replace. The daystate has a better shot count. The handling of the rifles are different and that’s what would be the main thing for me
    Got to agree with this - heart says Daystate, head says HW - a good one of either is cracking, a bad one of either is a pain. If anything there seems to be more issues with HW than Daystate just now as far as new guns are concerned, at least that seems to be what is getting posted in the forums as a rough litmus test - the Wolverine is probably worth more also, but the handling and how they feel will be the key if you can have a go with both you will know the answer.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Thanks for that... both on a par.... roughly... I own the HW.
    No issues apart from the odd seal / air leak.

1. Which FITS better. If one doesn't fit, why the F would you buy it. I had a Air wolf with the big bottle and whilst it was a great accurate and near silent hunter, boy was it a pig in the field to carry and point. It was also the version that back fed pellets into the breech housing thus jamming the bolt usually at very critical moments.

I now shoot a modified HW100 Sporter and its a keeper. 4 x 14 shot mag's and I can cant carry any more dead things especially if it has to be gutted etc.

2. What job/s does it have to do and which is better for the task/s you will ask of it.

Again, the 100 if a target rifle, a plinker, a hunting rifle (its number one use) and an HFT gun (its former main reason for being) I does ALL of those really well.

I will get other rifles. I have an FAC Air Ranger which is also brilliant but its a gun I only really shoot from a vehicle. Again its too big for wandering around with.

Both of the guns you mention are good rifles. Both have respective +'s and -'s and the order of those becomes pretty much dependent on what YOU want.

However, if it doesn't fit there is little point in looking at what jobs it can do.

Best advice is try both and shoulder them with your eyes shut. With the 100, they really really benefit from selling the steel and buying an alloy cylinder. balance is improved as I do not like front'ish heavy rifles though some do. You want to feel that the position and the ergonomics work for your body and shutting your eyes makes you much more aware of this difference between the guns. Weight, Balance, Length of Pull, operating the cocking mechs, the trigger......its all info that your body has to work with and if it don't feel right its because it isn't right.

What is the saying....marry in haste repent at leisure
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Wolverine b Vs Weihrarch 100ks

HI, The truth is what suits one might not suit another ,both are top quality
    guns and on BOTH guns you can’t load more than one pellet at a time, the wolverine B has a bigger shot count so a bigger sweat spot and to me look a lot smarter but that reflects in the price, both are supper accurit but for me the wolverine as the edge on acuricy and at the moment own both guns ,hope this helps. bob.

They are both very different guns so you would need to try both to see which suited *you* the best.

Cheers for that...
    Think I'll be sticking with the HW100KS.

I've got both and would find it hard to choose between them other than appearance, where the Wolverine wins hands down

For me I would stick to the daystate only because of the low shot count on the hw100, Thats just my opinion as i need the shot count,

HW 100k all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Thegogg View Post
    I've got both and would find it hard to choose between them other than appearance, where the Wolverine wins hands down
    The wooly C is a fine looking rifle.
    i have had the B & C