Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sales Section - A couple of suggestions

Sales Section - A couple of suggestions

As a sales thread cannot be marked as live or closed, it would be good if the OP could edit their first post to say if the item (and even more so) itemS have been sold

Some threads - especially if its a clearance of many items, can run to quite a few posts you have to scrawl through before you discover it has been sold

Also, for some reason, OPs scrub the price in the sale. This is not helpful as other people may be looking to either sell or indeed buy and the ability to look back at what items have sold at historically benefits the seller and the purchaser.

I don't know if the forum infrastructure allows it, but some BBS can be set so it can colour code items that are for sale and change the colour if the ltem is sold.
    This still requires the OP to action but if it can be done, it helps the potential buyer greatly??

Thanks Steyr
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

I'd like to see photo's on a sales thread made compulsory.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I agree with both of the above, being able to close a thread would also help as with no more posts available it would die naturaly and also be "padlocked" with an icon.

James
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I'd like to see photo's on a sales thread made compulsory.
    Yes always helpful but some folks just aint no good with a camera.

I also find posting a pic to be a right royal PITA on BBS so I don't usually bother.

I tend to copy and paste a link to the image of the item on the manufacturers webby and I email pics if someone is that interested.

But some photos are so bad it actually puts you off.

I tried to sell my sister once and the photos were really accurate representations but could I interest anyone......the hell I could.

She is still available if interested ??????

I only mention it coz I cant stand the poisonous bitch

I always add pics, not hard to do ! and I always mark the original post as sold in red when the item sells. No trouble to do any of these actions.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    She is still available if interested ??????

I only mention it coz I cant stand the poisonous bitch
    You need to work on your sales patter...
    Good deals with these members

You could always go to the last post and see of its sold. it will save you time reading all the posts.

Has this been sold yet

Quit whining you Jessie !

secretagentmole Guest
    I think it works ok, my latest gun came from those very hallowed portals....

Quote Originally Posted by Steyr View Post
    As a sales thread cannot be marked as live or closed, it would be good if the OP could edit their first post to say if the item (and even more so) itemS have been sold

Some threads - especially if its a clearance of many items, can run to quite a few posts you have to scrawl through before you discover it has been sold

Also, for some reason, OPs scrub the price in the sale. This is not helpful as other people may be looking to either sell or indeed buy and the ability to look back at what items have sold at historically benefits the seller and the purchaser.

I don't know if the forum infrastructure allows it, but some BBS can be set so it can colour code items that are for sale and change the colour if the ltem is sold.
    This still requires the OP to action but if it can be done, it helps the potential buyer greatly??

Thanks Steyr
    Hi Steyr.

Admin try not to get too involved in the sales section unless asked to do so, or we see an obvious problem, we basically leave it for vendors to police their own threads.

Most of the points you raise can be addressed by the vendor editing their first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesim1 View Post
    I agree with both of the above, being able to close a thread would also help as with no more posts available it would die naturaly and also be "padlocked" with an icon.

James

Hi James.

I for one would rather not have members having the ability to close their own threads, I've seen this system on other forums and I find not being able to add information on a subject as the thread is closed a bit frustrating.

The sales section works well enough without major change so let's not mess with it.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by eyebull View Post
    You need to work on your sales patter...
    Trading standards...accurate decription required. Cant even claim "Mint" condition.....more "Munt"

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    You could always go to the last post and see of its sold. it will save you time reading all the posts.
    You assume that its a one item sale.
    Doesnt work if multiple items and there is often banter filled.
    I do try that but its just as easy for the OP to amend 1st post which is what everyone sees in clicking the link. The OP manages to write a description and price etc. Hardly an imposition when it is (arguably) the poster obligation in the first place. I manage to do it

Quote Originally Posted by dm800 View Post
    Has this been sold yet
    If you mean my sister....no......you have first dibs fella 😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Hi Steyr.

Admin try not to get too involved in the sales section unless asked to do so, or we see an obvious problem, we basically leave it for vendors to police their own threads.

Most of the points you raise can be addressed by the vendor editing their first post.

Hi James.

I for one would rather not have members having the ability to close their own threads, I've seen this system on other forums and I find not being able to add information on a subject as the thread is closed a bit frustrating.

The sales section works well enough without major change so let's not mess with it.

All the best Mick
    the thread remains intact but it just flags the thread title as item sold. If you see its sold them you skip on happy in your pink socks like pinko Cooper. Or you open it to see the information like prices and level of interest...pics and tech spec etc.
    The OP doesnt close the thread or lock it. It is just a flag.