Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know how old Jim Tyler (BTDT) is?

Anybody know how old Jim Tyler (BTDT) is?

I am curious as I've known Jim for over 12 years and he was ancient when I first met him, pushing his zimmer gamely through the mud at a HFT. BTDT stands for Been There Done That but I wonder just for how long?

I remember him talking about his first shooting magazine, slingshots weekly, with discussions on how many cubits could you safely shoot a dodo at. I remember him weeping at the death of Yoda in star wars, saying "that poor young man". It seems that he was the inspiration behind Wurzel Gummidge and Catweazle, so he was quite the fashion icon in his day.

I won't even mention his gripes about the pyramids. It seems they were meant to be Cubes but they failed to follow his advice.

Having read that he had cut back on his writing work it got me thinking about the above issue. When I last visited him at St Viv's home for the perpetually bewildered he was getting a bit maudling at the passing of some of the artists he loved, Sinatra, Benny Hill, Will Shakespeare etc.

Anyhoo.. if anybody knows let me know.. nearest century will do ��

Ive seen a brass rubbing of the ceremony of the opening of Stonehenge in the National Museum and BTDT was in the crowd.

The candles cost more than his last birthday cake.
    Last edited by I. J.; 18-01-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I heard he was a prefect at Noah's school.

His correct age can be calculated from the sacred scriptures :-

image.jpg

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    whatever grand age he has managed to attain, there will be a really scientific explanation for it...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

If you read the 1st edition of sporting air rifle all will be revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary C View Post
    ... he was getting a bit maudling ...
    For the record, Jim has been around long enough to have achieved the status of legend, hero and icon, and wise enough to know how to spell 'maudlin' correctly.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Quote Originally Posted by Terry D View Post
    For the record, Jim has been around long enough to have achieved the status of legend, hero and icon, and wise enough to know how to spell 'maudlin' correctly.
    "Maudling" was the old anglo saxon way of spelling it. Given that was the time Jim was teaching spelling I used it out of respect.. 😁

"Maudling" was the old anglo saxon way of spelling it. Given that was the time Jim was teaching spelling I used it out of respect.. 😁
    Ah, the ancient Chinese art of li-ying. You young dandies, with your new-fangled corduroy trousers and your popular beat-combo music, eh?
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

I am curious as I've known Jim for over 12 years and he was ancient when I first met him, pushing his zimmer gamely through the mud at a HFT. BTDT stands for Been There Done That but I wonder just for how long?

I remember him talking about his first shooting magazine, slingshots weekly, with discussions on how many cubits could you safely shoot a dodo at. I remember him weeping at the death of Yoda in star wars, saying "that poor young man". It seems that he was the inspiration behind Wurzel Gummidge and Catweazle, so he was quite the fashion icon in his day.

I won't even mention his gripes about the pyramids. It seems they were meant to be Cubes but they failed to follow his advice.

Having read that he had cut back on his writing work it got me thinking about the above issue. When I last visited him at St Viv's home for the perpetually bewildered he was getting a bit maudling at the passing of some of the artists he loved, Sinatra, Benny Hill, Will Shakespeare etc.

Anyhoo.. if anybody knows let me know.. nearest century will do ��
    Well; yes, I do know and am very certain it was the 20th century in which Jim was borne! But then, so was I but a little before Jim! Oh; and he has more hair than me!

atvb
    David
    May today be the best day of your life and all your tomorrows even better!!

I'm not 100% sure of his age, but I do know that he used to take care of the rat problem on Noah's ark.
    HFT Team England 2012 - 2013
    Incompetent writer for Airgunner
    UKAHFT, World and SiHFT Recoiling champ 2017

Quote Originally Posted by scutter View Post
    I'm not 100% sure of his age, but I do know that he used to take care of the rat problem on Noah's ark.
    Ah ... but there would only have been two of them unless he missed them and they multiplied ....
    Cheers, Phil

From the wiki:

The Girandoni air rifle was an airgun designed by Tyrolian inventor Bartholomäus Girandoni and Jim Tyler, circa 1779. The weapon was also known as the Windbüchse ("wind rifle" in German). One of the rifle's more famous associations is its use on the Lewis and Clark Expedition to explore and map the western part of North America...

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Oh; and he has more hair than me!
    You're not the only poster on this thread with less hair than me, David.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Well; yes, I do know and am very certain it was the 20th century in which Jim was borne! But then, so was I but a little before Jim! Oh; and he has more hair than me!

atvb
    David

AD or BC?