Thread: What HW did this safety come off?

What HW did this safety come off?

Hi,
    I have this in my bits box but can't remember what it's from?
    It is blued steel with a big dished button on it which is engraved with concentric circles. Can anyone tell me which HW model and from what era?
    Cheers
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

The thing you need to know to identify the model is the shape of the bit that goes inside the rifle and that means a photograph I'm afraid.. Externally the size of the button doesn't tell you very much.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

Photo please.

I cant recall any HW having a safety catch as standard.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I have one of these large-button safety catches in my HW77K, mine also has the concentric rings on it. I think I bought it off the bay of e, but some tuning houses like Venom/V-Mach and maybe Rowan engineering might sell them as well.

The big button makes it easier and more comfortable to push.

If you put WEIHRAUCH SAFETY CATCH WITH OVERSIZE BUTTON. into the search box on the Bay of e then you might see its brothers and sisters .. made by Pinkney Engineering and sold for a tenner.

So, like I say 'not standard'. Ive seen various HW safety catches made of various materials including brass which some frown upon, extra large ones and re-setting types.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

I have been keeping an eye on the bay but have not seen one the same, but it is still somehow familiar to me (aside from the one in my possession that is). If I can work out how to get a picture from my phone to here I will post it.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

If you can't post photos have a look on the well known auction site and look at the profile of the two basic types of HW safety catches in current production. That should give you an initial guide as to what rifles yours will fit. If it isn't one of those then it might be for the HW35 but photos will enable experts on here to identify it straight away.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.