Thread: Steyr Hunting 5, conversion to "SA".

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Just as a thought, would Steyr offer a factory upgrade?

Rob

Thanks for the additional replies to date. I did contact Steyr UK before my latest posting on the matter but got exactly the same response as Tinbum. I then asked about buying a SA Receiver as a stand alone item but it was suggested that the cost would be prohibitive.

The only "cheap Way" I've found of getting one to date is to buy a SA without stock and mags and swap across the bits from one of my standard Hunting 5's when I want to go SA. Even this approach would cost around £1600 or so.

Vic Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Thompson View Post
    Thanks for the additional replies to date. I did contact Steyr UK before my latest posting on the matter but got exactly the same response as Tinbum. I then asked about buying a SA Receiver as a stand alone item but it was suggested that the cost would be prohibitive.

The only "cheap Way" I've found of getting one to date is to buy a SA without stock and mags and swap across the bits from one of my standard Hunting 5's when I want to go SA. Even this approach would cost around £1600 or so.

Vic Thompson.
    It really shouldn't be that hard should it... When I converted the my daystate to .20 from .177 it was easy. I just looked online for a place that sold the individual bits that I needed and e-mailed them. They set me straight on what parts I actually needed and probably saved me a packet in doing so, I paid, they delivered (to my local RFD) job done. It was expensive for what you get but heck loads cheaper than buying a new gun.
    Is there not a helpful RFD that can help you.. IL have a look and see if the place I got my DS parts from stocks styer (or however you ruddy spell it!) And put you on to them if you like, they were incredibly helpful..
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Steyr SA

What you should do Vic is get one like mine HO HO